Private Tour: Longmen Grottoes Day Tour From Xi'an To Luoyang Via High Speed Train - Xian
OverviewTake the high speed train between Xi'an and Luoyang-Longmen to explore imposing 1500-year old Longmen Grottoes, a World Heritage Site listed by UNESCO in 2000. Discover more than 10,000 Buddha statues extending 1 km (1,093 yards) along Yi River riverbank.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Round-trip train fares
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourYour guide will meet you at 7:30 a.m. in the hotel lobby and transfer to Xi'an North Railway Station to catch the high speed train to Luoyang-Longmen (approximately 1.5 hours). Upon arrival you will be transferred to a local restaurant for lunch. After lunch you will visit Longmen Grottoes or Longmen Caves - one of the finest examples of Chinese Buddhist art housing tens of thousands of statues of Buddha and his disciples. The images were carved into caves excavated from the limestone cliffs of the Xiangshan and Longmenshan mountains.
There are approximately 100,000 statues within the 1,400 caves, ranging from an 1 inch (25 mm) to 57 feet (17 m) in height. The most famous one is the biggest statue of sitting Buddha of 17.14 meter tall. In 2000 the site was inscribed upon the UNESCO World Heritage List as an outstanding manifestation of human artistic creativity. You can visit the temple located on the west river bank as well. When the tour is over, you will be transferred to Luoyang-Longmen Railway Station to catch a high speed train back to Xian and dropped-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Longmen Grottoes Day Tour From Xi'an To Luoyang Via High Speed Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Xi'an downtown
- Round-trip high speed train between Xi'an and Luoyang
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Private Tour: Longmen Grottoes Day Tour From Xi'an To Luoyang Via High Speed Train
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 16 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Passport name, number, is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.