Private Tour: Madrid 'Car And Walk'
OverviewExplore Madrid 2 hours in a private vehicle and 2 hours walking around, all accompanied by an official tourist guide.
- Instant Confirmation
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tourThis is a tour designed to show you the most impressive examples of Madrid’s historic and artistic heritage with explanations from an official tourist guide.
The tour is divided into two parts, each of which lasts approximately 2 hours.
In the first part you will be able to see Madrid from the comfort of your vehicle, with explanations from an official tourist guide.
Some of the places you will be shown are:
Puerta de Alcalá - El Retiro park - Atocha station - Prado museum - Neptuno fountain - Cibeles fountain - Colón square - Nuevos Ministerios - Bernabéu stadium - Castilla square - The Four Towers - Serrano street - Gran Vía - España square - The Royal Palace.
After that, we will leave you and your guide in the ‘Plaza Mayor’, for an accompanied walking tour. You should choose the itinerary you would like to take.
To help you with this, we suggest the following routes, though you are very welcome to request something different with your guide, if you wish.
1. The Austrias and Latina Districts
This guided circuit will take you to the emblematic sites of ‘Old Madrid’, so that you will be able to see and enjoy the exceptional artistic riches of the ‘Villa de Madrid”.
Itinerary: Plaza Mayor - Plaza de Oriente – Viaduct – Vistillas - La Paja square – San Andrés square – Costanilla de San Pedro - Cordón street - La Villa square.
2. Cervantes and Las Letras District
From ‘Plaza Mayor’ to ‘Paseo del Prado’ you can stroll through an area of urban growth which took place between the reigns of the Austrias and Borbons. This is ‘Las Letras’ district; the neighbourhood where Cervantes and other contemporary writers lived.
Itinerary: Plaza Mayor - Puerta del Sol - Santa Ana square - Las Huertas street - El León street - Prado street - Las Cortes square.
3. From the Austrias to the Borbons
The great legacy left by the Austrias and Borbones are found between ‘Plaza Mayor’ and ‘Puerta del Sol’. In this part of the city there are some of the most important places in the History of Madrid: traditional shops, churches, convents, bars, palaces, theatres, ...
Itinerary: Plaza Mayor - Cava de San Miguel - Conde de Miranda square - La Villa square - Mayor street - San Nicolás street - Plaza de Oriente - Isabel II square - Arenal street - San Martin street - Postigo de San Martin - Callao square - Puerta del Sol.
4. The Old Markets of Madrid
Madrid city has a large number of old markets which have been transformed into real gastronomic spaces..
Would you like to visit the most important markets in Madrid?
Itinerary: San Miguel Market (San Miguel square) - Las Flores Market (Tirso de Molina square) - Antón Martín Market (5, Santa Isabel street) - San Fernando Market (21, Embajadores street) - El Rastro Fleamarket (Cascorro square).
Inclusions for Private Tour: Madrid 'Car And Walk'
- Price per vehicle (not per person)
- Private tour is operated with just your party, a driver and an official tourist guide
- Passenger pick-up service from your hotel
- Bottled water
- Child/infant safety seats available for no extra charge
- Transport by private Mercedes
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
Exclusions for Private Tour: Madrid 'Car And Walk'
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation will be sent at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case, confirmation of availability will be sent within 48 hours whenever possible.
You will travel in a luxury Mercedes Benz (car, minivan, or 8-passenger van).
Price per vehicle (not per person).
A maximum of 7 people per booking.
The official tourist guide speaks English, French and Spanish.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Prado Museum and Royal Palace of Madrid Tour with Skip the Line Entrance
- Madrid Highlights: Guided Segway Sightseeing Tour
- Toledo Guided Half Day Tour from Madrid
- Spanish Cooking Class in Madrid
- Zarzuela Opera and Dinner at La Castafiore Restaurant in Madrid
- Hot-Air Balloon Ride over Toledo or Segovia with Optional Transport from Madrid