Private Tour: Madrid Running Tour
OverviewRun or jog around Madrid on a 2- or 3-hour private running tour, led by a guide passionate about exercise and the city. The itinerary is flexible, so opt for a leisurely jog at a conversational pace with stops factored in, or ramp up the speed with a fast-paced run to cover more ground. Sightsee around town, passing attractions such as the Royal Palace of Madrid (Palacio Real), or explore parks like Casa de Campo or Buen Retiro Park. Its an experience to suit all: avid runners, casual joggers or business travelers wanting to escape the hotel treadmill.
- Led by a local guide
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide and start with a quick chat about the type of run you want to do as well as your level of fitness. Your route is also up to you; if you know Madrid well, let your guide show you some off-the-beaten-path sites. Alternatively, explore the citys parks and green spaces or run through the downtown streets to see some of Madrids top attractions.
All tours start and end from your centrally located Madrid hotel, and include a warm-up and stretch session. All you need is a good pair of sneakers and a bottle of water. After your tour, you'll receive souvenir photos as a keepsake of your run! Below are two sample itineraries:
Jog around the downtown streets and Los Austrias, the neighborhood thats often called Habsburgs Madrid in reference to the Habsburg dynastys architectural legacy, and see a collection of exciting monuments. Highlights include Plaza Mayor an elegant square lined with red-brick buildings plus the Royal Palace of Madrid and Plaza de Cibeles, home to Madrids famous fountain of the goddess Cibele.
Explore Casa de Campo, a large city park that was once a royal hunting ground, and jog around its large lake before retreating from the midday sun with a run through the forest. Often called the green lung of Madrid, the much-loved city park is an oasis of peace and tranquility as well as a popular competition training ground for serious athletes; Casa de Campo hosts the annual Madrid Triathlon World Cup.
Visit Buen Retiro Park, where the yearly Madrid Marathon finishes, and jog through the throngs of buskers and street performers, passing the lake and stunning monuments. The park is better suited for leisurely jogs as there is so much to see! Stop to admire the worlds only statue of Satan El Angel Cado and then marvel at the beautiful gates called Puerta de Alcal.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Madrid Running Tour
- Private Guide
- Souvenir photos
- Insurance (Liability & Accidents)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Madrid Running Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum age is 12 years
Children between 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.