Private Tour: Madurai Day Tour Of Gandhi Museum And Meenakshi Amman Temple
OverviewEnjoy this private day tour of Madurai, which is considered to be the cultural capital of Tamilnadu. It is inseparably connected to Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. It is also well-known for export of Jasmine flowers. Highlights of the tour will be the Meenakshi Amman Temple, Gandhi Museum, Tiruparamkundram Temple and Thirumalai Nayak palace.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up by your guide at your hotel in Madurai at 9:00 AM and then head off to the Meenakshi Amman Temple. This Hindu temple located on the southern bank of the Vaigai River is dedicated to Parvati and her consort, Shiva.
Afterwards you will visit the Gandhi Museum, established at 1959. It showcases a part of the blood-stained garment worn by Gandhi when he was assassinated by Nathuram Godse. After sightseeing you will stop for lunch around 1:00 PM at your own expense. After lunch visit Thirumalai Nayak palace, originally dating back to 636 AD. You will see, it is a classic fusion of Dravidian and Islamic architecture. The original palace complex was four times bigger than the present structure.
Then you will visit the Tiruparamkundram Temple, known for its ancient temple of Murugan. The temple is the first among the Six Abodes of Murugan and is one of the most visited tourist spots in Madurai. At around 4:30 PM you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Madurai Day Tour Of Gandhi Museum And Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Professional English-speaking guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Madurai City
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
Exclusions for Private Tour: Madurai Day Tour Of Gandhi Museum And Meenakshi Amman Temple
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2, 4, 8 or more
This private tour operates a maximum of 8 people
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.