Private Tour: Mae Kampong Village From Chiang Mai
OverviewGet to know Ban Mae Kampong, a lovely mountain village north of Chiang Mai that specializes in fermented tea production. This full-day private tour, led by an informative and friendly guide, includes a hillside trek to Mae Kampong waterfall and a village tour to learn about local goods. Enjoy a Thai massage and visit a home to make dinner with ingredients purchased at a market. Round-trip hotel transport by air-conditioned minivan is included.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Lunch included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourStart your full-day, private tour with pickup from your hotel in Chiang Mai. Depart for Ban Mae Kampong. Youre enlightened with a brief history of the village before an easy forest trek, following your guide along a nature trail past a tea and coffee plantation and fruit orchards to Mae Kampong waterfall.
Enjoy great photo ops of the wide cascade, which falls down seven levels. Then walk back to the village for a delicious home-cooked or picnic-style lunch, served while you have time to relax. Any sore muscles from your hike will be soothed with a 1-hour Thai massage, as limbs are maneuvered and rhythmic pressure is applied to your body while you remain fully clothed.
Follow up with a guided village tour and observe forest-tea orchard farming. Most of the villagers in the small mountain community of Ban Mae Kampong are engaged in the production of fermented tea, called miang, and youll see some being made along with handicrafts in local homes.
In the late afternoon, visit a village home and briefly help prepare a Thai meal. Afterward, enjoy dinner before the 1.5-hour return to Chiang Mai by private vehicle with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Mae Kampong Village From Chiang Mai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Thai massage
Exclusions for Private Tour: Mae Kampong Village From Chiang Mai
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please specify your pickup hotel at the time of booking
Please Note: Certain sectors of the tour may be subject to weather conditions. For your own safety, if the weather does not permit, you may not be able to visit the large waterfall as it closes due to dangerous and slippery tracks
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.