Private Tour: Mahabalipuarm Full-Day Tour From ChennaiWrite a Review
OverviewPrivately tour Mamallapuram, known for it's beautiful stone architecture and religious and historical significance. One of the most outstanding examples of Dravidian art and architecture, this temple is the crown jewel of Tamil Nadu. You will also have an opportunity to visit the Five Rathas, Arjuna Dhabas and Krishna Butter Ball Shore Temple.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your Chennai hotel at 8am, travel with your guide in a private air-conditioned car with driver to Mamallapuram. At the Pancha Rathas (also known as the Five Rathas), your guide explains the rock-cut temples before moving on to Arjuna's Penance, home of one of the world's largest bas-reliefs. Here, your guide points out details of the huge whale-shaped rock which has been intricately carved with figures of gods, demigods, men, beasts, and birds creating a scene which some say represents creation.
At 12:30pm, stop for lunch at a restaurant of your choice (additional cost) then, around 1pm, proceed to Mahishasuramardhini Mandapa (also known as the Cave Temple or Yampuri). Next, visit the Krishna's Butterball, a precariously balanced rock on a slope near the Ganesh Ratha.
Around 5:30pm, relax in your private car to return to your hotel in Chennai (Madras) arriving around 4pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Mahabalipuarm Full-Day Tour From Chennai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Entrance fees
- Private air-conditioned transportation
Exclusions for Private Tour: Mahabalipuarm Full-Day Tour From Chennai
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Private Tour with Maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+, 4+ or 8
No spaghetti straps, tank tops or shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered by both men and women who want to enter these attractions.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, and sunscreen recommended
Women may need to cover their hair. Please bring a hat or scarf.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.