Private Tour: Mahabalipuram And Kanchipuram Caves And Temples Day Tour From Chennai
OverviewExplore the City of Mahabalipuram, known for its outstanding historic specimens and an incredible architectural invention. Explore the grand temples and shrines that adorn the city. Also visit the Kanchipuram City, a sanctified place with several Hindu temples depicting the Hindu culture and tradition. This tour will take you to stone-cut temples, including Shankaracharya Seer, Mahishasurmardini Caves, Shore Temple, Krishna Mandapam, Arjuns Penance and Panch Rathas.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour tour will begin with a pickup between 6:30-7:00 AM from your hotel in Chennai and proceed for full-day guided tour. To kick off the tour, your guide will brief you about the history of Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram.
Chennai to Mahabalipuram is aproximately 36 miles. Mahabalipuram is the former capital of the Pallava Kings and is famous for its splendid 7th and 8th-century art and architecture, especially the stone carvings. You will start your tour by visiting the 7th-century magnificent Shore Temple which is surrounded by lush gardens. Next, you will visit Arjuna's Penance, a 1900-square-foot rock block and rock cut caves from the 6th and 7th centuries. Later visit the 7th- century Five Rathas Shrine which has the world's largest stone relief.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant at your own expense and then drive to Kanchipuram. Kanchipuram is known as the golden city of a thousand temples. It is one of seven sacred cities of India and has some of the most grand and majestic temples. With their striking architectural marvel, these temples reflect architectural experimentation, restructuring and refinement that was completed during different dynasties. Kanchipuram was the capital of the Pallava, the Chola and the Vijayanagar kings. Visit historic temples like the Kailasanatha Temple, Vaikunda Perumal Temple, Kamaskhi Amman Temple and Ekambareshvara Temple. All of these are excellent sites of the architectural splendor of the medieval period. When the tour ends, you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.
Imp Dress code for temple visit Men and women must be fully covered. Jeans pants, sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Ladies must wear Dhupatta for their Salwar
Inclusions for Private Tour: Mahabalipuram And Kanchipuram Caves And Temples Day Tour From Chennai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Chennai
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Mahabalipuram And Kanchipuram Caves And Temples Day Tour From Chennai
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Dress code for temple visit Men and women must be fully covered. Jeans pants, sleeveless shirts are not allowed. Ladies must wear Dhupatta for their Salwar.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort "Troy of the East" from Chennai
- Private Tour: Day Trip to Kanchipuram Temple City from Chennai
- Bazaar Trail Walking Tour in George Town
- Private Transfer: Chennai Hotels to Chennai International Airport (MAA)
- Peacock Trail Walking Tour in Mylapore
- Private Day Tour of Mahabalipuram from Chennai