Private Tour: Marrakech Gourmet Walking Tour - Marrakesh
OverviewExplore the medina and experience Moroccos diverse culinary offerings on this 3-hour private gourmet walking tour of Marrakech. The medina may be most famous for its handmade goods and market stalls, but dig a little deeper and youll discover a world of culinary delights! Follow your private guide through the fruit, meat and vegetable markets to learn of the ingredients needed in Moroccan cuisine. Explore the spice markets where scents of cumin, ginger and pepper fill the air and visit a bakery to sample freshly baked breads with olive oil.
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide in the morning or afternoon (depending on option chosen) at your hotel, then hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle and head into Marrakechs bustling medina.
Begin your walking tour at a produce market, where stalls groan under the weight of fresh fruit, meat, poultry and vegetables. Rub shoulders with the locals buying ingredients for their tagines and gain insight into the ingredients used in Moroccos national dishes.
Head on with your private guide to the spice market and take in fragrant scents of cumin, ginger, pepper, saffron and turmeric as your guide explains the different ways Moroccan people use spices in their recipes. At the nearby olive market, marvel at row upon row of plump olives and juicy lemons. Sample a few black and green olives as you explore, and appreciate their different flavors.
Continue through the mazelike markets of the medina to a local bakery, where traditional breads rise slowly in the ovens. Watch the breadmaking process up close and taste a few of the freshly baked breads with a dab of olive oil.
Afterward, visit a Moroccan pastry shop to sample sweet treats such as ghriba, les cornes de la gazelle and pastries commonly eaten during special ceremonies. After approximately three hours in the markets, hop back aboard your vehicle for the return journey to your hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Marrakech Gourmet Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Food samples
Exclusions for Private Tour: Marrakech Gourmet Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Walking shoes are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.