Private Tour: Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Dubrovnik
OverviewVisit Medjugorje and Mostar on this incredible private day trip from Dubrovnik, blending culture with religious sites. Traveling with an expert local guide by luxury vehicle, your tour includes a walking tour around Poiteljs UNESCO-listed town center, a visit to the Christian pilgrimage town of Medjugorje and a walking tour around Mostar. See the incredible Mostar Old Bridge (Stari Most) and enjoy a final stop in Tekija to see Turkish-style architecture.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your hotel, relax in a comfortable vehicle and enjoy a comprehensive panoramic sightseeing tour of Dubrovnik before heading north out of the city. Admire views of the Adriatic Sea as you drive along the Croatia coast, and after crossing the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina, enjoy a break in Neum Bosnias only coastal town. As you sightsee at leisure, browse the shops or grab a coffee at a local caf.
Continue your journey along the picturesque Neretva River to the town of Poitelj. Enjoy a leisurely paced walking tour around its UNESCO World Heritage-listed center, and stop to look at historical landmarks like the Haji-Ali Mosque and Sahat-kula -- a clock tower fort on top of the hill above the town.
Hop back into your minivan and relax with views of the Bosnian countryside on the way to Medjugorje, an important Catholic pilgrimage site since 1981, when apparitions of the Virgin Mary were reported. Stroll around with your private guide, who will talk to you about history of this spiritual town, and then enjoy free time to explore independently, or perhaps attend a mass if you wish.
Your private day trip heads on to Mostar, another hugely important cultural and religious town in Bosnia. Admire Mostar's Old Bridge the 16th-century bridge that was destroyed in the 1990s Bosnian war, but rebuilt to in 2004 symbolizing unity between the towns Muslims and Croats. Visit the Mosque of Mostar and the towns famous Turkish House that shows a fascinating insight into Ottoman life. Enjoy free time for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), before heading to Tekija the last stop of your day.
On arrival in Tekija, see beautiful Turkish-style buildings and naturally formed springs in the Buna River. Then, sit back and relax, enjoying views of the Bosnian countryside on the way back to Dubrovnik.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Medjugorje And Mostar Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
The optional mass in Medjugorje depends on the church timetable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Driving Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Walking Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Complete Tour
- Game of Thrones Kings Landing filming locations with Lokrum Island visit
- Game of Thrones filming locations tour in Dubrovnik
- Game of Thrones Old Town Dubrovnik Walking Tour with Costumed Guide
- From Dubrovnik: All-Day Private Boat Tour
- From Dubrovnik: SUNSET Private Boat Tour