Private Tour: Meknes And Volubilis Day Trip From Fez - Fes
OverviewDiscover thousands of years of Moroccan heritage on this private Meknes and Volubilis day trip from Fez. Admire ancient vineyards and olive groves on your journey across the mighty Saiss plains. With your private guide, visit the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail in Meknes; watch traditional musicians and storytellers in Place el-Hedim; and wander through the souks of the Old Town. Explore, too, the hillside settlement of Moulay Idriss Zerhoun and marvel at 2nd- and 3rd-century Roman ruins at the UNESCO-listed site of Volubilis.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourFollowing a morning pickup from your hotel or riad in Fez, meet your guide and hop aboard your air-conditioned vehicle for the 1-hour drive to Meknes, one of Moroccos four imperial cities. On route, drive across the fertile Saiss plains and admire the vineyards and olive groves for which the region is famous.
During your 3-hour visit to Meknes, visit the Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail the resting place of one of Moroccos most powerful leaders. Listen as your guide shines a light on the 18th-century sultans life and admire the grand stables, once home to his 12,000 horses.
Continue on to the bustling Place el-Hedim and follow your private guide through the busy souks. Enjoy lunch at your leisure at one of the local cafes or restaurants (own expense) in the Old Town.
After lunch, drive out to the hillside town of Moulay Idriss Zerhoun, widely considered to be the most significant religious site in Morocco. It was here, in the late 8th century, that Moulay Idriss I introduced the religion of Islam to Morocco. See the shrine where Moulay Idriss I is interred and gain insight into his life and achievements from your guide.
Head onward from here to the UNESCO World Heritage town of Volubilis an ancient Roman settlement and admire the alleyways, gates, monuments and mosaic floors. Dating from the 2nd and 3rd centuries, the Roman ruins here are considered the best-preserved in Morocco.
Take in panoramic views over the mighty Rif Mountains from your vantage point high on the hillside, then hop back into your vehicle for the return journey to your accommodation in Fez, where your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Meknes And Volubilis Day Trip From Fez
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Meknes And Volubilis Day Trip From Fez
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not suitable for children under 5 years old
A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear appropriate shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Fez Medina 4-Hour Guided Walking Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer Fez Airport to Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer Fez Hotel to Airport
- Private Tour: Fez Sightseeing Tour
- 3 days tour to Morocco departure from Costa Del Sol
- 5 days tour to Morocco departure from Costa Del Sol
- 7 days tour to Morocco and Costa Del Sol - Special Package from Costa Del Sol