Private Tour: Mekong Delta Day Trip To Cai Be - Ho Chi Minh City
OverviewLeave the busy streets of Ho Chi Minh City behind for a private full-day tour of the Mekong Delta. Visit the floating market in Cai Be, walk around the village, taste fresh fruit and locally made sweets, and admire Phu Chau Pagoda. You'll also take a small boat through the lush canals of the delta, stop for a typical lunch at a family home, and ride bicycles through the countryside. Enjoy the slower pace of rural life as you travel with a private guide, ensuring a customized tour in this fascinating region of Vietnam.
Know More about this tour
After your private guide meets you in the early morning at your hotel, travel by air-conditioned vehicle about two hours southwest of Ho Chi Minh City to the Mekong Delta My Tho, considered the heart of the entire Mekong delta region
On your way, stop at the Vinh Trang Temple, a Buddhist site featuring ancient bronze statues and a colonial history. Pause along the banks of the river Tien, the northern artery of the Mekong River.
Take a boat trip on the Mekong River to a workshop where handmade crafts and sweets are produced from coconuts. A short ride on a horse carriage brings you to one of the many nearby orchards, where you taste homemade honey tea, savor fresh seasonal fruits, and enjoy traditional live music.
Stop at the home of a local family, and follow your guide through their garden to sample fresh-picked fruit from their trees. Then join the family for a tasting of home-brewed longan wine, followed by a lesson on how to catch an elephant ear fish. Your host cooks up the freshly caught fish for your lunch, accompanied by other Mekong Delta dishes such as fresh river shrimp, deep fried spring rolls, clay pot pork, soup, rice and dessert.
After lunch, hop on a bike for a leisurely ride through the countryside, soaking up the rural ambiance as you pass small villages and farms. Alternatively, you can relax in a hammock if you don't want to ride. Mid-afternoon, step back in the boat and cruise along the canals until you reach the spot where you return to your tour vehicle. Your day trip ends with the drive back to Ho Chi Minh City for hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Mekong Delta Day Trip To Cai Be
- Bottled water
- Private guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All boat transport
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bike rental
Exclusions for Private Tour: Mekong Delta Day Trip To Cai Be
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring sun protection
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Cai Be Floating Market Day Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Half-Day Good Morning Ho Chi Minh City Tour
- Long Tan and Nui Dat Vietnam and Australian Battlefield Tour from Ho Chi Minh City
- Private Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels Full-Day Trip
- Saigon River Breakfast Cruise in Ho Chi Minh City
- Day Trip to Can Tho and Cai Rang Floating Market from Ho Chi Minh City