Private Tour: Milan Street Art Tour
OverviewThe Milan Street Art Tour invites you to explore the b-side to Italys financial capital through the graffiti, mural and street art scattered around the city. Get a glimpse of an alternative Milan, and learn about the contemporary history through the colorful characters, appreciate underground art and be inspired by all the colorful walls and buildings.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Graffiti is considered to be one of the earliest forms of street art, dating back to early 1900s. What originated from the groups of young people and rebellious souls, as a movement towards social and political context, over many years developed into an artistic expression widely recognized for its techniques and meaning. Stencil art, wheat pasting, sculptures, sticker art and street installations are just a few examples of the methods that soon became a proof of the street art evolution.
Blu, Sten Lex and 108 are some of the widely known legendary Italian street artists, whose work is not to be missed when visiting Milan. Via Conchetta and Via Predil are home to a Blu street masterpiece; a mural that stretches over 300 meters visualizes bicycles on thousands of cars, reflecting environmental and transportation issues in the city. Leoncavallo, one of the biggest centri socialiin Milan, is another stop during our tour. The location is known to have the highest number of street art creations, considered an art mecca for the wide range of artists that left their mark in the complex. The area is particularly recognized for the works of the talentedMr. Blobfor his unique ability to tell contemporary visual stories around current concerns.
Youcontinue onto Isola, a neighborhood in the north of Milan surrounded by industrial buildings and railway tracksthat has recently undergone an urban re qualification. The street art here is a lot more subtle than in Leoncavallo, mostly commissioned by local businesses.
Basilica di San Lorenzo, one of the oldest churches in the city, is among the highlights of the street art tour.
Commissioned by local parish, Don Augusto Casolo, who wanted to highlightthe difference between vandalism and contemporary art using thechurch wall for creative purposes rather than meaningless graffiti. He put together a team of outstanding artists, including Mr. Blob, Encs, Gep, Luca Zammarchiand asked them to visualize the past, present and future of Milan.
This work of art represents important historic figures likeNapoleone Bonaparte, Giuseppe Verdi, Alessandro Manzoni,Leonardo da Vinci as well asevents such as conflicts between Sforza and Visconti families and the second world war.
These are just a few of the spots you will explore during Milan Street Art Experience.The tour can be done on foot, by bike or by public transport.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Milan Street Art Tour
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Local guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Milan Street Art Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Essential Milan Tour - Skip the line Da Vinci Last Supper and Duomo Cathedral
- Food and Wine Tasting enjoying the New Milan
- Crypt of Leonardo and San Sepolcro Church
- Skip the Line Ticket to The Last Supper
- Food and Wine tour on Como Lake
- Private Lake Como Cooking Class from Milan
- Luxury Food tour : Milan and its delicatessen
- Leonardo da Vinci's Codex Atlanticus Admission in Milan