OverviewSituated on an air field, the vast site is home to more than 170 different types of aircraft, as well as Cold War-era artefacts like spy equipment, uniforms and weapons. Pose for photos next to the most impressive planes, and then spend time at leisure in the museum before returning to Moscow.
- All entrance fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourLeave your central Moscow hotel and start your journey to Monino, a small town east of the capital. As you travel in the comfort of your luxury minibus, your driver will talk to you about your destination of the day: the Central Air Force Museum. One of the world’s largest aircraft museums, the building covers some 49 acres (20 hectares) – about the equivalent of 18 football pitches – meaning there’s a lot of aviation history to discover inside.
On arrival, head straight in and start exploring with your guide – a translator. Many Russian museums don’t allow photos to be taken inside, but your entrance ticket has a special photo permission, meaning you can snap as many photos of vintage air planes and helicopters as you like!
The most interesting part of the museum is a section dedicated to aircraft from the time of the Cold War – planes that impressed and frightened most of the world at the time. See Ilya Muromets, the largest aircraft of the 20th century, and Tupolev-144 – a Soviet-era SST (Supersonic Transport Aircraft). Hear tales from your pilot guide about the days when these planes were used and see Cold War-era spy equipment and artefacts, too.
After your walking tour, enjoy some free time inside the Central Air Force Museum to explore at your own pace. Besides the aircraft and artefacts on show, the museum is also home to a large library, showing films (with English subtitles) about the planes.
Return to your minibus at the pre-arranged time, and return to central Moscow with your driver. Your tour ends back at your Moscow hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Monino Central Air Force Museum Tour From Moscow
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Monino Central Air Force Museum Tour From Moscow
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- City Sightseeing Moscow
- Moscow Metro Tour
- Moscow Kremlin Tour
- Mystical Moscow Tour
- Red Square And The Moscow Kremlin
- Modern Moscow Arts And Cultural Small Group Tour
- 3 Hour Kremlin Tour With Local Private Guide
- Moscow Private Red Square And City Tour
- Soviet History Tour In Moscow
- Moscow Walking Tour Through The Eyes Of Locals