Private Tour: Moroccan Kasbahs From Marrakech - Marrakesh
OverviewLocated approximately 175km south east of Marrakech, we find what is probably the best preserved kasbah in Morocco; Ait Benhaddou. On your private tour, see this famous site, declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1987 and a location for many famous films. The fortified city overlooks the surrounding desert and was a place of great significance from the 11th century until well into the 20th century for caravans making the journey from Marrakech via Telouet. Spend your day exploring the kasbahs and villages of the foothills of the Atlas mountains and head back to Marrakech in the evening.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and set off from your hotel for an early start. Travel by 4x4 and head into the High Atlas Mountains where you will stop in different places to discover many authentic Berber villages, constructed with local earth and stones, and see the numerous surrounding valleys. You will pass the villages of Taferiate, Ait Barka, Zarkten and Tofliht until we reach the Tizi-n-Tichka pass (2260m in altitude). Cross the impressive High Atlas mountains, then head down into the Ounila valley. Pass through the small kasbah of Pasha Glaoui on your way to Telouet. Located at the foot of the mountains, discover the special decorations and amazing architecture of this kasbah.
After the visit, you will continue crossing through villages on the side of valley while heading for the famous Ait Benhaddou kasbah. Just before you arrive, stop at a smaller yet still traditional kasbah named Tamdakht before you reach the Ait Benhaddou. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1987, this has been the setting for many famous films such as, Lawrence of Arabia, The Sheltering Sky and Gladiator. Have lunch in a quiet restaurant, and then visit the kasbah with a local guide before heading back to Marrakech. Go via the Tichka pass and see other mountain villages such as Tiseldei, Tizirine and Agouim.
You will arrive back in Marrakech at approximately 7:30pm, when your tour will end.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Moroccan Kasbahs From Marrakech
- Private car
Exclusions for Private Tour: Moroccan Kasbahs From Marrakech
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Private Tour Casablanca from Marrakech
- Half-Day Guided City Walk of Marrakech
- Marrakech Botanical Tour
- 11-Night Private Morocco UNESCO World Heritage Discovery Round Trip from Marrakech
- The Hollywood of Africa and its Ancient Atlas Kasbahs: Private Guided Day Tour from Marrakech
- Climb the first and single Via Ferrata in Morocco from Tinghir