OverviewExplore Munich Old Town by foot on a 2.5-hour private tour, and see the citys historical highlights! As you walk between sites, hear fun facts and history about the city and enjoy photo stops at its prettiest sights such as Marienplatz, Frauenkirche and Viktualienmarkt. Learn about the city during the Second World War and discover must-visit attractions like the legendary HofbrÃ¤uhaus beer hall. If theres something you want to see more of, simply let your guide know; the itinerary can be tailored to your interests.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
Know More about this tourStart your Munich Old Town tour with a pickup from your central hotel or alternatively, meet your private guide near Munich Central Station. Then, set off to explore the medieval streets while learning about the city’s fascinating history and culture. If there’s something you want to know more about, simply let your guide know; your tour is private so your itinerary can be tailored to your interests.
A city of many names, Munich has been called the heart of medieval Europe, the Athens of the Alps and beer capital of the world – each name indicating its different identities throughout history. Each sight on your tour comes with a story, so follow your guide around the city and learn all about its famous attractions.
Visit pretty Marienplatz, the central city square since the 1100s, and admire the town hall with its glockenspiel that re-enacts stories from the 16th century. Stop for photos by the Cathedral of Our Blessed Lady (Frauenkirche), Munich’s iconic red-roofed cathedral that was bombed during WWII, and wander around one of city’s oldest places of worship: St. Peter’s Church (Peterskirche).
Pass through the food market of Victuals Market (Viktualienmarkt) with its brightly colored stalls and peer in the windows of Hofbräuhaus – the must-visit beer hall while in town. Stop at the former royal palace of Bavarian monarchs, Munich Residenz, and then pass into the square of Odeonsplatz where Adolf Hitler made his first push for power during the infamous ‘beer hall putsch.’
After 2.5 hours exploring the city, work your way back to the start point (either your hotel or the station), and then bid your guide goodbye.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Munich Old Town Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Munich Old Town Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.