Both first-time visitors and Munich veterans will enjoy this private city Segway tour that takes in Munichs highlights and favorite spots. This great introduction to the city also hits lesser-known places, so youll experience the best of the Bavarian capital. With a private guide, see attractions like Hofgarten and the Viktualienmarkt, and take a break to enjoy a snack at the Chinese Tower beer garden in Englischer Garten!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide in central Munich, and after a half-hour introduction and practice session on how to ride a Segway (don’t worry, it’s simple!), set off on your Segway tour of the city.
During your tour, see the city’s main sights, stopping every few hundred yards to snap photos, admire the scenery and hear interesting stories from your guide. Learn about the history of Munich’s famous attractions and hear a bit of Munich life today.
Follow your guide past Hofgarten, Munich’s early-17th-century, Italian-style garden complex; Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, also known as the University of Munich; the ‘Walking Man,’ a sculpture by American artist Jonathan Borofsky; and the Deutsches Museum (German Museum), one of the world’s largest science and technology museums. See attractions like the Gartnerplatz, the Viktualien market and the Residenz, and zip past the Jewish Museum.
The highlight of your tour is the stop at the Chinese Tower in Englischer Garten (English Garden), a large public park. First built in the late 1700s as a viewing platform, the 82-foot (25-meter) Chinese Tower (Chinesischer Turm) is home to one of the largest beer gardens in Munich – it seats 7,000 people! Take a break here to soak up the year-round Oktoberfest-like atmosphere, listening to the traditional bass band that often plays and enjoying an included cheese and snack platter, pretzel and non-alcoholic beverage (drinking alcohol is not allowed during Segway tours).
Your tour then ends back at your starting point.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Munich Segway Tour Including Chinese Tower Beer Garden
- Private guide
- Use of Segway and helmet
- Segway orientation session (30 minutes)
- 1 cheese & snack platter to share
- 1 non-alcoholic beverage and 1 pretzel per person
- Use of wet-weather poncho in case of rain
Exclusions for Private Tour: Munich Segway Tour Including Chinese Tower Beer Garden
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
The maximum number of passengers on this tour is eight
Participants must weigh between 100 and 250 lbs (approx 45 and 110 kg)
A damage deposit of 200 euros per party is payable at the beginning of the tour; the amount can be held on a Visa, Mastercard or Amex and will be canceled at the end of the tour, or it can be paid in cash (euros) and returned at the end of the tour
Minimum age is 16 years
Participants must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
Participants must possess a valid driver's license
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.