OverviewExperience the twinkling sights of Muscat by night on this 5-hour evening tour and enjoy a 3-course dinner on the way! Accompanied by an expert driver who acts as your personal guide, take photos of the glittering Grand Mosque and extravagant Al Alam Palace, and drive along the Corniche just as the setting sun casts the sea and mountains in the mauve glow of twilight. Finally, browse for bargains in Mutrah Souq and savor a scrumptious dinner at a welcoming local restaurant; it's the perfect finale to your evening out!
- Dinner included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Start your experience in the late afternoon with a hotel pickup from your centrally located Muscat hotel. Meet your friendly driver-guide and set off in your comfortable, air-conditioned car.
Stop for photos outside the beautiful Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. Admire this imposing landmark, considered one of the finest examples of modern Islamic architecture.
As twilight descends, pass the opulent Royal Opera House and drive along the Corniche. This beautiful road skirts Muttrah waterfront and serves up sunset views over the dusky mountains, elegant houses and shimmering harbor waters. Continue to charming old Muscat, where traditional Arabesque buildings are tucked into a mountain-backed bay. See Al Alam Palace, the ceremonial palace of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos, whose flamboyant columns simply have to be caught on camera! Listen as your guide tells you more about the palace and the two 16th-century Portuguese forts of Jalali and Murani that flank either side of the monument.
Later, stroll through Muttrah Souq. Browse the stalls of this vibrant market and ponder over the Omani silver, gold, pottery, textiles and other handicrafts on offer. Haggle hard and you might catch a few bargains!
Last but not least, head to an inviting local restaurant for a delicious dinner of typical Omani dishes and international favorites. Relax over your meal before your tour finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Muscat By Night
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 3-course dinner
- Water and sodas with meal
Exclusions for Private Tour: Muscat By Night
- Gratuities (optional)
Sample Dinner Menu:
- Fresh lemon mint juice
- Hummus and moutabel (dips)
- Tabouleh (vegetable and bulgar wheat salad) and spicy Thai chicken salad
- Fresh Caesar salad
- Grilled chicken with mushroom sauce
- Potato gratin
- Vegetable lasagne
- Penne with pesto cream sauce
- Omani lamb with rice
- Fresh fruits
- Mahalabiya (a traditional milk pudding)
- Om ali (a pastry, nuts, raisins and cream pudding)
Water or soda
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.