Private Tour: Mysore Palace And Srirangapatna Day Trip From Bangalore - Bengaluru
OverviewDiscover the old-world charm of Mysore on a private day trip from Bangalore! Stop along the way in Srirangapatna, an ancient city of great religious and cultural importance, and visit Tipu Sultan's Dariya Daulat Palace. Youll learn about the heritage and history of Karnataka's palace-strewn cities as you explore palace art and architecture with your knowledgeable guide. Lunch and round-trip hotel transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle are included in your tour.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourAround 6:15am, your private chauffeur and professional guide will pick you up from your hotel in Bangalore. Settle into your comfortable private vehicle for the approximate 4-hour drive to Mysore, renowned as the City of Palaces.
En route, stop in the old city of Srirangapatna, which was briefly the capital of the Mysore state during the rule of Tipu Sultan. Located just 8 miles (14 km) from Mysore on an island in the Kaveri River, Srirangapatna is home to the Dariya Daulat Palace (Summer Palace), set amid the gorgeous gardens of Daria Daulat Bagh.
Visit the palace, built in 1784, which houses a museum dedicated to the sultan. See memorabilia, European paintings and Persian manuscripts on exhibit. Your guide will enlighten you about the royalty that lived here and point out unique architectural features, including open corridors with pillars made of teakwood, and outer walls displaying frescoes of battle scenes and portraits.
After your visit, enjoy a sumptuous lunch at a local restaurant and then continue your journey to Mysore.
Upon arrival, visit the centrally located Mysore Palace (Amba Vilas Palace). This former residence of Wodeyar Maharaja of Mysore has been converted into a museum that displays paintings, jewelry, royal costumes and other items that were once owned by the Wodeyars. Hear stories about the royal families who ruled Mysore for more than seven centuries!
The impressive 3-story granite palace boasts several important halls and chambers under pink marble domes and expansive arches. Enter the Ambavilasa hall through a rosewood doorway inlaid with ivory to view stained glass ceilings and a mosaic floor of semi-precious stones. See Indian and European sculptures and ceremonial objects as well as 19th- to 20th-century dolls on display in the Gombe Thotti (Dolls Pavilion). Youll gaze in wonder at the marriage hall (Kalyana Mantapa) where peacock motifs decorate an octagonal-shaped pavilion in geometric patterns.
Admire the intricate and richly carved interior as you explore the palace and marvel at its opulence. Your guide will point out features of this fine example of Indo-Saracenic architecture a blend of Hindu, Muslim, Raiput and gothic styles and help you appreciate the artistic heritage of this important monument.
After your tour, relax on the 4-hour drive back to your Bangalore hotel by private vehicle. Feel free to request that your guide stop for dinner (own expense) along the way.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Mysore Palace And Srirangapatna Day Trip From Bangalore
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Mysore Palace And Srirangapatna Day Trip From Bangalore
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees are recommended
Taking photos while inside the Mysore Palace is prohibited
Visitors must remove footwear prior to entering the Mysore Palace
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Bangalore Elite Escape Room Games
- Private Tour: Nandi Hill Full-Day Tour including Lunch and Hotel Transfer from Bangalore
- Private Tour: Shivanasamudra Waterfalls and Ancient Somnathpur Full-Day Tour from Bangalore including Breakfast and Lunch
- Private Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of the 'Tiger of Mysore'
- Private Half-Day Tour of Bangalore
- Private Day Trip to Shravanabelagola from Bangalore