Private Tour: Nakhl And Rustaq Forts And Hot Water Springs From Muscat
OverviewThe Forts tour takes one to the historical towns of Nakhl and Rustaq both of which have splendid forts which take one back to Oman's bygone era. Also included is a visit to the hot springs.
Know More about this tourDepart Muscat in the morning around 09:00am with a drive to Nakhl. You will reach Nakhal which has a 350 years old magnificent fort and is dramatically located at the top of rock mountain cliff. The fort is situated on a rocky prominence at the foot of Jabal Nakhal, a spur of the main Western Hajar range. Nakhal Fort is surrounded by orchards of palm trees. Its battlements provide a view of the Al Batinah Region.
The ancient Nakhal village is below the fort and close by is the warm springs of Ain Towarah. Built in the architectural style of the Sultanate of Oman, it is unique in that it was built to fit around an irregularly-shaped rock with some rock exposures jutting out into the interiors. The fort houses traditional furniture, handicrafts and historic artifacts. The narrow road through the town winds up to the Ain Towarah Hot Springs, which is a popular picnic spot.
After spending some time at Nakhal you will continue to Rustaq, once the capital of this area, and a major trading center of Oman. Later on you will be driven back to Muscat.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Nakhl And Rustaq Forts And Hot Water Springs From Muscat
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Nakhl And Rustaq Forts And Hot Water Springs From Muscat
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: 4x4 Desert Adventure Safari from Muscat
- Muscat Private Arrival Airport Transfer
- Muscat Private Departure Airport Transfer
- 2-Day Tour: Wadi Shab and Turtle Watching
- Muscat International Airport Plaza Premium Lounge
- Half-Day Dolphin Cruise from Muscat
- Private Day Tour: Wadi Al Abyadh by 4x4 from Muscat
- Private Day Tour: Bimah Sinkhole, Tiwi Beach, and Wadi Shab