Private Tour: Naples Above And Underground Archaeology Walking Tour
OverviewDescend into an underground world on a 3-hour private tour beneath the streets of historical Naples. In the company of a professional art historian, travel through the historical center and into ancient underground ruins, which reveal key details about Naples past. Visit the old Roman market that sits beneath the Gothic church of San Lorenzo Maggiore, and make your way down to an ancient archaeological site hidden deep beneath Naples Cathedral (Duomo di San Gennaro). Enjoy personalized attention from the informative guide every step of the way. Entrance fees not included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour and connect with your private guide near Piazza del Ges in central Naples. Continue on foot through the historical center, a lively and colorful district.
Absorb the sights and sounds of the frenetic streets, and listen as your guide chronicles the citys fascinating history. Once a Greek port town named Neapolis, the city later came under Roman rule, before being ruled by a succession of foreign kings.
Remnants from Naples past still remain beneath the surface. Make your way to the grand cathedral, Duomo di San Gennaro. Head inside and descend into a subterranean archaeological site. Witness old Roman and Greek artifacts, as well as ruins dating back to early Christian times.
Climb back up to present-day ground level and continue to wander the streets. Take a stroll down Via dei Tribunali, one of the principal roads of the ancient city. Once you reach the Gothic church of San Lorenzo Maggiore, venture underground to see another concealed archaeological site.
Hear your guide explain how this site was once home to the Roman and Greek agora and identify remnants of the old Roman market. Explore the ancient corridors and structures, learning more about Greek and Roman civilizations as you go.
Emerge back onto the streets. Having gained a newfound knowledge of the city of Naples, part ways with your guide back on Piazza del Ges.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Naples Above And Underground Archaeology Walking Tour
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Naples Above And Underground Archaeology Walking Tour
- Entrance fees (approx. 8 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Round-Trip Shuttle Transfer from Naples to Pompeii
- Private Tour: Naples Food Tasting Tour by Vintage Vespa
- Private Full-Day Driver from Naples to Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii
- Daily Pompeii Group Tour with Archaeological Guide
- Private Tour of the Amalfi Coast from Naples
- Naples Airport Private Arrival Transfer