Private Tour: Negombo And Surrounding Area Attractions By Boat - ColomboWrite a Review
OverviewThis six hour tour gives an experience of different sea side attractions with a ride through the Dutch Canal, Negombo Lagoon and Muthurajawela Wetland. You will see the Negombo town and surrounding areas, witness the fishermen in the lagoon, and then do a memorable bird watching tour in the wetland of Muthurajawela. A light snack and one liter bottle of water will be provided during this tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free snacks included
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel at 7am and driven to the starting point of the boat ride. Between 7:30am and 8:30am you will start your memorable boat ride through the Dutch canal. This was at one time an important link in the transportation route which supplied the Dutch colonial administration. It runs for more than 60 miles, with part of the route running through Negombo. Today it's an attraction for tourists and one of the most interesting ways to see the town and the surrounding area.
As the morning progresses, you will continue your ride through the Canal to the lagoon which is fed by a number of small rivers and a canal. It is linked to the sea by a narrow channel to the north, near Negombo city. It is surrounded by a densely populated region containing rice paddies, coconut plantations and grassland. The land is used for fishing and agriculture. The lagoon has extensive mangrove swamps and attracts a wide variety of water birds including cormorants, herons, egrets, gulls, terns and other shorebirds.
You will proceed with your journey around 9:30am through Elakanda Canal to Muthurajawela Wetland that provides a home for a diverse range of flora and fauna, some of which are endemic and nationally threatened. It is also an important area for migratory birds, making it a primary recreational and educational destination in Negombo. The Muthurajawela Sanctuary has become a ‘conservation island’, because it remains a refuge for a wide range of flora and fauna despite the rapid urban and industrial development in the area.
At 12:30pm you will conclude the tour and proceed to the starting point with happy memories as you make your way back to your hotel. Arriving at 2:30pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Negombo And Surrounding Area Attractions By Boat
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private boat with life jackets
- English-speaking nature guide
- Light snack during the boat ride
- One liter water bottle per person
- All taxes
Exclusions for Private Tour: Negombo And Surrounding Area Attractions By Boat
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Infant seats are not available
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.