Private Tour: Notre Dame Cathedral, The Sainte Chapelle And The Conciergerie - Paris
OverviewDiscover striking Gothic architecture, medieval artifacts and centuries of history and artistic heritage on this private morning or afternoon Paris walking tour. After a light French breakfast or snack of coffee and croissants by the Seine River, venture to Ile de la Cit to visit Notre Dame Cathedral, the Sainte Chapelle, and the Conciergerie.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourMeet your guide on Ile St-Louis and start your tour off with coffee and croissants a breakfast or snack in typical French fashion. Cross over to Ile de la Cit and enjoy wrap-around views of Notre Dame Cathedral before stepping inside to explore one of the most famous churches in the world.
Perched on an island in the middle of the Seine River, Notre Dame was built in the 12th century during the reign of King Louis VII. It remains the finest example of French Gothic architecture in the world, and is the symbol of medieval Paris. As you enter beneath the imposing towers of the cathedrals western faade, take a close look at the ornate stone carvings adorning the exterior. Inside, learn the significance behind several of the surviving statues of Notre Dame, stained-glass windows and religious artifacts on display.
Also on Ile de la Cit is the Sainte Chapelle, the second stop on your tour. This grand 13th-century church was built by King Louis IX for use as his royal chapel. Marvel at its beautiful interior, dominated by the dazzling display of stained-glass windows filling the nave. Listen as your guide explains their significance, craftsmanship beauty in detail.
Next, make your way to the Conciergerie.
This medieval building (which now houses the Paris law courts) is the oldest royal palace in Paris. It was the residence and seat of power of the French kings for centuries during the Middle Ages, then it was converted into a prison in the 15th century. You will see the impressive 14th century Hall of Men-at-arms where the banquets took place in the Middle Ages and the Guardroom with its gothic style vaults. Then you will tour the prison itself, with the Grooming room where the condemned prisoners were stripped from their personal belongings and you will see the different cells, including that of Marie-Antoinette, where she spent the last weeks of her life before being beheaded by guillotine.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Notre Dame Cathedral, The Sainte Chapelle And The Conciergerie
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Light breakfast or snack (croissant, coffee) after Notre Dame visit
Exclusions for Private Tour: Notre Dame Cathedral, The Sainte Chapelle And The Conciergerie
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear appropriate footwear
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Customize Your Perfect Day in Paris
- Lido de Paris "Paris Merveilles" Late Night Show with Champagne
- Skip-the-Line Entrance Access to Louvre Museum
- Professional Photo Shoot Walking Tour in the Center of Paris
- Paris Museum Pass and Seine River Cruise Including Delivery to Your Hotel
- Invalides Army Museum and Cathedral Private Tour