From USD 70.91
OverviewExplore Nuremberg on this fascinating tour with a history-loving guide. Choose from a 2- or 3-hour morning or afternoon tour, and travel around the landmarks of half-timbered Nuremberg Old Town in a private vehicle, taking in sights including the Hauptmarkt and Beautiful Fountain (Schner Brunnen). Plus, visit the infamous Nazi Party rally grounds and see the Palace of the Justice (Justizpalast), scene of the 1945-49 War Trials, with the option to visit Nuremberg Trial Courthouse (own expense) if open. Enjoy a flexible itinerary and personalized commentary on this private tour.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at your central Nuremberg hotel in the morning or afternoon, and set off on your 2- or 3-hour private tour. The itinerary can be tailored to your particular interests, so if there are places you want to spend more or less time at, talk to your guide.
Drive around the walled Old Town as your guide recounts Nuremberg’s troubled past. From the Reformation to the Renaissance and Nazi Third Reich, the city was pivotal to many world-changing historical events.
Admire the timber-framed houses and take in the Beautiful Fountain (Schöner Brunnen) and cobbled marketplace (Hauptmarkt), where Nuremberg hosts its annual Christmas market (Christkindlmarkt).
As you drive, hear about Nuremberg’s days as a center of the Holy Roman Empire, and note its medley of architecture. See the Gothic St Sebaldus Church (Sebalduskirche), take photos of Albrecht-Dürer-Haus, the 15th-century home of Renaissance artist Dürer, and view the city walls and Nuremberg Castle.
Next, take in some of Nuremberg’s Nazi monuments. When Adolf Hitler took power in Germany 1933, the city became a hub of Nazi propaganda, and as such, was chosen as the site of the post-World War II trials of Nazi leaders.
Drive to the Nazi Party rally grounds, used by Hitler to glorify the Nazi cult. Go inside the complex and see the Luitpold Arena, Congress Hall and Zeppelin Field, all used for mass rallies and military parades.
Continue to the Nuremberg Palace of Justice (Justizpalast), where the 1945-49 Nuremberg War Trials were staged. Take in the exterior and, if you wish, visit Nuremberg Trial Courthouse (own expense, and if court is not in use), scene of the notorious 1945-46 trial of 24 Nazi criminals.
Finish with a drop-off at your hotel, or, if you want to continue exploring, at the old marketplace or one of Nuremberg’s museums.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Nuremberg Sightseeing Including Old Town, Rally Grounds And Nuremberg Courthouse
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Nuremberg Sightseeing Including Old Town, Rally Grounds And Nuremberg Courthouse
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.