Private Tour Of Dhobi Ghat And Dabbawalas In MumbaiWrite a Review
Explore some unique traditions of Mumbai by visiting Dhobi Ghat, an open air laundromat in Mumbai, also called the world's largest outdoor laundry and meeting Dabbawala, who delivers freshly-made food in a lunch box (Dabba) from customers' homes to their offices.
- Excellent value for money
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourAfter pickup at your hotel in Delhi at 10am, join your guide for the short drive to the Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat. Every day, thousands of pounds of laundry are washed here. For more than 120 years, washers, known as dhobis, have worked in rows of open-air concrete wash pens, each with its own flogging stone. You'll see why it's sometimes called the world's largest outdoor laundry.
Next, your guide takes you to Churchgate to watch dabbawallas at work collecting hot, home cooked lunches and delivering them to hungry office workers around the city before collecting the empty lunch boxes and returning them to their owners. Dabbawallas work using bicycles and trains. Peek inside a railway car to observe the many types of lunches being organized for delivery before returning to your hotel in Delhi around 3pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of Dhobi Ghat And Dabbawalas In Mumbai
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
Exclusions for Private Tour Of Dhobi Ghat And Dabbawalas In Mumbai
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
Minimum of two people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A word of caution: dabbawallas don't have time for interviews and photographs
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.