Private Tour Of El Yunque National Rainforest
OverviewEscape into the El Yunque Rainforest in this Private Tour. The only tropical rainforest in the United States National Forest System, El Yunque is a lush, tropical paradise full of green vegetation, tropical birds, and wildlife.On this tour you will have the opportunity to hike and explore different zones of El Yunque Rainforest. Take a dip at a waterfall or natural pool (optional). Receive information and fun facts on natural history education, medicinal and toxic plant identification, geology, ecology, the Island's history and many other subjects like survival tips. Spot native flora and fauna, many of which are not found anywhere else on the planet.After the tour concludes we will make a stop to have Puerto Rican local lunch before returning to San Juan.Private tour limited to a maximum of 6 travelers.
Know More about this tour
Due to Post Hurricane conditions some areas of the Rainforest are currently closed. We have modified this tour in order to offer a similar experience on alternate trails and areas of the Forest and its surroundings.
Discover an incredible world of diverse flora and fauna in the El Yunque National Forest, the sole tropical forest in the US national forest system. Learn about the ecosystem's biodiversity on a stunning nature walk, cool off in a pristine waterfall, and then end your adventure with a local lunch.
Depart from San Juan on a luxury black vehicle and set out on the journey inland to reach the El Yunque National Forest, a relatively small but remarkably diverse area with hundreds of tropical plants and animals contained in its nearly 29,000 acres (11,735 ha). Once you arrive, your guide leads you into the forest on trails gentle enough for the whole family. Customization can be done based on your preferences or skill level.
Catch sights of plant species found nowhere else in the world, as well as a variety of small animals that call the rainforest home. Bathe on a natural pool and waterfall, swing from a rope and even slide thru the natural waterfalls on this fun adventure. After your nature walk, refuel with lunch at a local restaurant before returning to San Juan.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of El Yunque National Rainforest
- El Yunque National Forest Entrance fees
- Bottled water, Gatorade, and light snacks
- Round-trip private transfer (from San Juan or Metro area)
- Informative, friendly and professional Certified Tour Guide
- Puerto Rican lunch
Exclusions for Private Tour Of El Yunque National Rainforest
- Additional food and drinks (available for Purchase)
- Gratuity for your tour guide is not included but greatly appreciated
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
At the time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
A maximum of 6 people per booking (Additional persons will have extra fee per person)
Hotel/Port/AirBnB pickup is available from most centrally located San Juan hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation.
This activity operates rain or shine, except in the case of extreme weather events like hurricanes.
Please wear comfortable clothing, tennis or hiking shoes, swimsuit, bring a towel and change of clothes, sunscreen, and a camera
Strongly suggest having a good breakfast before departing on this tour
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems, recent injuries or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for a woman past their first trimester
Not wheelchair accessible
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.