Private Tour Of Jewish Community In Kiev
OverviewJewish tour is a great option to know the history of Jewish community in Kiev as well as to know the names of great Jewish people that contributed to the history of the city with a visit to two major Synagogues (5 synagogues in Kiev).
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Visit Lvivska square in the upper Kiev, the site of the Jewish gate and learn about life of the Jewish in the medieval Kiev. Follow the way from Lukyanovka area to Baby Yar ravine. Visit bronze monument to victims of the holocaust. This monument was built in 1976 just after President Nixons (37th President of USA) visited Baby Yar.
Soviet-time monument at Baby Yar is made of 11 sculptures. Especially moving are two of them a mother with her baby at herbreast while her hands are tied up it symbolises Ukraine enslaved by Nazis and a granddaughter mourning over her dead grandfather.
Other monuments at Baby Yar are more recent. They are Menorah (1991y.) and childrens monument (2001y.). The bronze Menorah depicts Abraham and Jsaak and human procession. Its inauguration ceremony was attended by President Bushs brother in 1991. Childrens monument is built to remember 15 thousand children and babies killed by Nazis in Baby Yar at time WWII.
Next visit Podil (lower Kiev) where Jews had lived in olden clays and its Synagogue - late 19th century. Aristocratic Lipki area has a few lovely mansions built by wealthy Jews just next to the tsars palace. Now these mansions are used mostly by Ukrainian authorities.
Finally visit choral Brodsky Synagogue (1898) and adjacent area. Golda Meir and Sholom Aleichem once lived here. Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israelon March 17, 1969, after serving as Minister of Labour and Foreign Minister. Visit Solom Aleichem museum to learn about his Ukrainian birthplace in Pereyaslav and members of his family. Solomon Naumovich Rabinovich, better known under his pen nameSholem Aleichem (March 2[O.S.February 18]1859 May 13, 1916), was a leading Yiddishauthor and playwright. See Golda Meir memorial plague and Solom Aleichem statue. Also visit Bessarabsky roofed market (1911) built on Brodskus money.
Holocaust history and Baby Yar tragedy are presented in the World War II just three showcases.
To see objects of Jewish worship silver. Torahs crowns, shields, pointers, e.t.c. (18-19th centuries ) visit Museum of Historical Treasures of Ukraine.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of Jewish Community In Kiev
- Private guided tour or walking tour
- Guided tour will pick-up and drop off at your centrally located hotel or apartment in Kiev.
- Guided tour includes transportation by private vehicle, minivan, or minibus
- Entrance fees are free of charge to the Synagogues
Exclusions for Private Tour Of Jewish Community In Kiev
- Entrance fees are free of charge
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos are available to purchase
- Transportation to and from attractions and hotel drop-off for the walking tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
You can enjoy this product as a walking tour. During the walking tour, you will use the public bus and metro to get between sightseeing points. Tour will be provided in Down Town and some parts are not available due to the destinations between them
Explore the history of the Jewish Community in Kiev and nowadays
Foreign language speaking guides are available upon request
Dress code is formal
More people can book the tour on request
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kiev Combo: Private Sightseeing Tour and Visit of Kiev Pechersk Lavra
- Transfer from Kiev to Lviv via Tunnel of Love by Private Car
- Baturyn Day Trip from Kyiv
- Private Tour to Vinnytsa from Kiev including Fountain Roshen Light Show
- Quest-Game Mysterious Kyiv
- Kiev Combo: Private Guided Tour of Kiev Pechersk Lavra and Museum of WWII