Private Tour Of Kanheri Caves Including Lunch And Traditional Dance PerformanceWrite a Review
Take a glimpse into the rich culture and legacy of Mumbai onÂ this 5-hour private tour. Visit the glorious Kanheri caves, chiseled out of a massiveÂ basalticÂ rock located in the Borivali National Park. The caves demonstrate BuddhistÂ influence on art and culture between 1st century BC and 10th century CE. Follow the mythology surroundingÂ Lord BuddhaâÂÂs life explained by our art historian that links Buddha to the 10 avataras of Lord Vishnu-the Hindu God. Buddha thus becomes an inseparable part of story-telling in Indian classical dance. Post lunch watch a scintillating Bharatanatyam dance performance by the renowned Sankhya Dance Group. The performance brings to life mythological characters of divine origin with a special piece on BuddhaâÂÂs life story. The idea behind this tour is that tourists get an unforgettable experience of the rich Indian mythology and culture and understand how the two are irrevocably connected. The tour includes a traditional Indian lunch.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by an art historian
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tour
Meet your tour guide at the designated Hotel lobby at 8:30am and proceed to the Borivali National Park in the comfort of your private car. Kanheri comes from the Sanskrit word Krishnagiri, which means black mountain. Kanheri was an important Buddhist settlement on the Konkan coast by the 3rd century CE. Most of the caves were monasteries used for living, studying, and meditating. The larger halls lined with intricately carved Buddhist sculptures, reliefs and pillars were used for congregational worship. There are about 34 unfinished paintings of Buddha within the caves. The caves give valuable insight into former Buddhist occupation and life. The hilly terrain and lush greenery around the attraction provide for a beautiful picturesque backdrop.
At 12:30pm, proceed for a delicious lunch at a local eatery. Post lunch, drive to the Sankya dance studio to watch a scintillating Bharatanatyam dance performance by the Sankhya - one of the premier and professional dance Company of the western India based in Mumbai. The presentation blends music, rhythm, poetry, expressions and bodily movements to perfection.
After the performance, proceed back to your hotel or desired location in Mumbai in your private car.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of Kanheri Caves Including Lunch And Traditional Dance Performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional art historian guide
- Bottled water
- Live entertainment
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour Of Kanheri Caves Including Lunch And Traditional Dance Performance
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Infant meals not included
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.