Visit Peter & Paul Fortress and St. Isaac Cathedral on this private tour. On the way to the museums your guide will introduce you to other objects of interest in St. Petersburg. The route may be customized slightly according to your preferences. This tour introduces the detailed history and construction of 2 of the most famous sights in St. Petersburg.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourOn this 3 hour tour you will have your own private guide with you and will enjoy comfortable transportation in a private car. You will be met in your hotel lobby and the tour will finish near St. Isaac Cathedral. The tour includes free city maps, bottles of water, rain coats (in case of rain) and farewell gifts.
It is a real challenge to squeeze into a 3 hour tour all of the “must see” sights of St. Petersburg. But from the very first minute of the tour you will be overwhelmed by the grandeur, taste and mystery of this city, full of history.
You will start the tour by visiting Peter and Paul Fortress with the Cathedral of the same name, from which the town of Peter started in 1703, hastily transformed into the capital of the vast Russian empire a few years later. After walking around the fortress and visiting some of the bastions, the tour continues to Peter and Paul Cathedral, where one can see the burial place of the Romanov dynasty, and even the tomb of Peter I. The last burial in the cathedral was Nikolas II and his family who were gunned down by the Bolsheviks in the summer of 1918.
At 12:00 from Naryshkin bastion Peter and Paul Fortress you will hear the shot of an alarm gun, which is made daily.
Afterwards, you will continue to explore the city with your guide and will visit St.Isaac's Cathedral, one of the largest domed buildings in the world. This creation of Aougusto Montferrand, the French architect is the fourth temple built in honour of Saint Isaac of Dalmatia (patron saint of Peter the Great), built in St. Petersburg. It used to be considered as the main Orthodox church of the Russian Empire. Finally you will climb the cathedral colonnade and contemplate St. Petersburg from a bird's eye view.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of Peter And Paul Fortress Including St Isaac Cathedral From St Petersburg
- Professional private guide service
- Entrance fees, skip-the-line tickets to St. Isaac Cathedral & Colonnade and Peter & Paul Fortress
- Comfortable transportation with a business class car (Mercedes)
- Professional & experienced driver
- Hotel pick-up
- Bottles of water
- Rain coats (in case of raining)
- City maps
- Farewell gift
Exclusions for Private Tour Of Peter And Paul Fortress Including St Isaac Cathedral From St Petersburg
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.