Private Tour Of Prambanan Temple From Yogyakarta
OverviewThis tour will start from Prambanan village to the Prambanan Temple. The Hindu temple of the “slender virgin”, also known as a complex of Lorojongrang, was erected in the 9th century while Java was ruled by the Hindu Sanjayas of Old Mataram in the north. It consists of 3 major temples/shrines in the main area dedicated to respected Hindu’s God Trinity such as Candi Shiva Mahadeva, Candi Brahma & Candi Vishnu. Enough time is given to walk around and observe the beautiful carvings and the neighborhood shrines such as the Candi Palosan and The Candi Sewu. The Ramayana story is carved into the walls of the temples.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourThe Prambanan Temple Complex was build in the 9th-century and is located in Central Java around 17 kilometres from Yogyakarta and was dedicated to the Trimurti, the expression of God as the Creator (Brahma), the Preserver (Vishnu) and the Destroyer (Shiva) and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest Hindu temple site in Indonesia and one of the largest in Southeast Asia.
In 1811 during Britains short-lived occupation of the Dutch East Indies, Colin Mackenzie, a surveyor in the service of Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, came upon the temples by chance. Although Sir Thomas subsequently commissioned a full survey of the ruins, they remained neglected for decades. Dutch residents carried off sculptures as garden ornaments and native villagers used the foundation stones for construction material.
Around 7:30am, you will be picked Up at your centrally located hotel in Yogyakarta city and drive to Prambanan village. The first step is to enter the Prambanan Temple Complex. You will visit the Trimurti temples dedicated to Shiva, Visnu, and Brahma. Continue to visit the Vahana temples dedicated to the vahana of each gods; Nandi, Garuda, and Hamsa.
And then visit the Apit temples located between the Trimurti and Vahana temples. Continue to the Kelir temples which are four small shrines.
The last step is to visit the Patok temples: four small shrines located on 4 corners of inner zone and the Pervara temples.
Around 11:30am, your guide will send you back to your hotel in Yogyakarta.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of Prambanan Temple From Yogyakarta
- Entrance fees (excluding harbor fee)
- Private driver and guide
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour Of Prambanan Temple From Yogyakarta
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Lunch or Dinner
- Harbor entrance fee, if applicable
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.