Private Tour Of The Baths Of Caracalla In RomeWrite a Review
Explore the ancient ruins of the Baths of Caracalla on a walking tour led by a licensed guide. The Caracalla Baths are a testimony of imperial Rome's grandeur. This 1-hour private tour provides a glimpse into life during the Roman Empire.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYour 1-hour private walking tour of the Baths of Caracalla takes place in a very nice green area near Colosseum. During your very relaxing and charming visit you will bring you closer to the life of Roman Empire. The tour will give you the opportunity to witness one of the biggest examples of Romans genius.
The Baths of Caracalla were the second largest Roman public baths. They were built in Rome between AD 212 and 217, during the reigns of Septimius Severus and Caracalla, and capable to host more than 1500 bathers. The baths were more a leisure centre than just a series of baths since they comprehend also a library, a gym and gardens. They were free and open to the public. The baths remained in use until the 6th century when the complex was taken by the Ostrogoths during the Gothic War, that destroyed the hydraulic installations.
Caracalla's are some of the best preserved baths in Rome and a masterpiece of Roman architecture. See the imposing vaulted rooms, domed octagones, exedrae, porticoes and parts of the baths heating system along with large and remarkable fragments of fine polychrome floor-mosaics. Your private guide will provide you all the stories and peculiarities of this archaeological monument and will be at your disposal for your questions and curiosities.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of The Baths Of Caracalla In Rome
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour Of The Baths Of Caracalla In Rome
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Suitable for the whole family
You will be asked to arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the start of the tour. We cannot guarantee you will be able to visit all the sites included in the tour if you fail to arrive at the meeting point on time. On these occasions we are not responsible for any claim of refund or even partial refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.