Private Tour Of The Civic Museum In Siena
OverviewWith this 1.5-hour guided tour of the Civic Museum you will discover one of the major Italy museums. Inside Palazzo Pubblico an expert guide will explain you the frescoes, created by some of the most important 14th century artists, such as Simone Martini, Duccio di Buoninsegna and Ambrogio Lorenzetti. Worth mentioning is La Maestà, by Simone Martini of 1315, a Masterpiece of European Gothic Art. Another important masterpiece is the Buongoverno ("good government") by Ambrogio Lorenzetti, one of the first examples of civil art. The exhibition occupies 10 rooms and inludes artistic works from the 14th up to the 19th century, offering visitor a complete overview of the evolution of Sienese art.
Know More about this tour
The tour starts at our office in Piazza del Campo. Our guide will lead you to discover the heart of Sienese Art - the Civic Museum inside the Sienese townhall. The entrance tickets (9 per person, 8 reduced - for students, young people and senior people) are not included into the price of the tour. The guide can buy the tickets for you before the start of the tour, so you will skip the line. Youll be introduced to the beautiful 19th century frescoes in the first room of the museum, dedicated to Italys Independence, and you'll discover the medieval World map Room, with the masterpieces of Simone Martini, la Maestà e il Guidoriccio da Fogliano. Finishing your visit in the Peace Room, where you'll find the famous depiction of Siena, and Allegory of Good and Bad Government, by Ambrogio Lorenzetti, one of the first examples of civil art. The subject of the painting is not religious, but rather represents Utopia in Siena and explains the difference between the good and the bad government.
Inclusions for Private Tour Of The Civic Museum In Siena
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for large groups)
Exclusions for Private Tour Of The Civic Museum In Siena
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved.
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.