Private Tour: Old And New Delhi Sightseeing
OverviewEnjoy a private sightseeing tour of old and new Delhi in an air-conditioned car, with government-approved guide to explore the beauty and history of India's Capital. Delhi is a city that bridges two different worlds. Old Delhi, once the capital of Islamic India, is a labyrinth of narrow streets lined with crumbling havelis (homes or mansions) and mosques. In contrast, the imperial city of New Delhi created by the British Raj is composed of spacious, tree-lined avenues and striking government buildings. In this private sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi, you will visit Raj Ghat, Red Fort, Humayun's Tomb, Qutub Minar, Rashtrapati Bhawan and India Gate. All entrance fees and taxes are included in the price of this tour.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourIn the morning, your driver and guide will pick you up in an air-conditioned car from your hotel. Start your sightseeing tour by visiting Raj Ghat, located on the banks of the river Yamuna. This is Mahatma Gandhis memorial, where he was cremated following his assassination in January 1948. The memorial lies in the midst of landscaped gardens and is made of a simple square platform of black marble inscribed with his last words Hey Ram. After Raj Ghat, visit Red Fort (closed on Monday).The 17th-century stunning fortress built in red sandstone is surrounded by a huge, 108-foot boundary wall. Inside are exquisite palaces and beautiful gardens. Opposite the Red Fort lies Jama Masjid (Friday mosque) made of red sandstone and white marble. It is Indias largest mosque where more than 20,000 people can kneel in prayer at one time.
After lunch (at your own expense), visit New Delhi and Humayuns Tomb, built by Humayun's wife Haji Begum in the 16th century. It is an early example of Mughal architecture considered the predecessor of the Taj Mahal. After Humayun's Tomb visit Qutub Minar which is 237-feet high and is the landmark of Delhi. After Qutub Minar, proceed to drive past the Rashtrapati Bhawan/President's House, the official residence of the President of India. Later visit the India Gate, which commemorates the 70,000 Indian soldiers who died in the 1st World War.
After completing your sightseeing of New and Old Delhi, you will be dropped off back at your hotel in Delhi.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Old And New Delhi Sightseeing
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Old And New Delhi Sightseeing
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.