Private Tour: Old City Of Bethlehem And Herodium - Jerusalem
OverviewExperience the beauty of the Old City of Bethlehem on this day trip, walk along the narrow star street where Joseph and Mary walked when they came to Bethlehem. Get an incredible view of the landscape from top of Mount Herodium, Herods the Great roman palace. Learn about the history of the sites and the daily life from your local tour guide! Visit the Shepherds field, caves were used by the Shepherds 2000 years ago. Visit the Nativity Church, the birthplace of Jesus and the oldest church in the world still in daily use. By the end of the tour you will see Banksy Graffiti art.
Know More about this tour
Meet your private guide driver at Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint and depart to the Old city of Bethlehem. Walk the narrow streets of the old city and enjoy the old architects of the buildings from the Otoman period. Stop by Bethlehem Icon Center, which used to be a local house and today its a center teaching Byzantine Iconography. Walk the Star Street the way that Joseph and Mary took when they came to Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus. Walk onward through the old city and stop the main old entrance of the city then to Hosh Al Syrian quarter, see the building from inside and stop for a cup of tea or Arabic coffee. Visit an old Olive Press museum and learn about olive harvest and olive oil production, the building which houses the museum dates back as far as the 19th century. It houses many ethnographic and archaeological artifacts featuring the entire process of oil production. Furthermore, the exhibit also shows the many uses for oil such as lamps, medicine, food, soap and even cosmetics.
You will have a nice lunch break at Afteem Restaurant for Falafel, Hummus and typical Salad lunch. (own expense). After you purchase lunch, continue to Manger Square and visit the Nativity Church, the birthplace of Jesus and the oldest church in the world.
Drive to the Shepherds Field where the angel Gabriel appeared to the shepherds, see the ruins that goes back to the Byzantine time and the current church. Take a short drive to Mount Herodium, the palace of Herod the Great from the roman period 1st century BC. From the top of the mountain, enjoy a panorama view of the landscape of the area and from there you can see Jordan mountains and the Dead Sea.Finally, visit Banksy Graffiti arts in Bethlehem, The Walled Off Hotel of Banksy and the separation wall.
After exploring all the sites, drive back to Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint to return to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Old City Of Bethlehem And Herodium
- Local guide driver
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Morning tea
- Private tour
- Pickup from Checkpoint 300or your hotel if in Bethlehem only
- Drop-off at Checkpoint 300or yourhotel if in Bethlehem only
Exclusions for Private Tour: Old City Of Bethlehem And Herodium
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Transfer from your location to meeting point on arrival
- Transfer from meeting point to your hotel on departure
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Bitemojo self-guided culinary tours of Jerusalem: Mahane Yehuda Veggie Tour
- Mahane Yehuda Market Self-Guided Nightlife and Food Tour
- Petra and Wadi Rum 2 day tour from Jerusalem
- KEDEM Premium Off-Road Negev Desert Adventure
- KEDEM Premium Jerusalem Off-Road Adventure
- Private Jerusalem City Walking Tour
- Private Tour Bethlehem and the Dead Sea
- Full Day Jerusalem and Bethlehem