Private Tour: Old Delhi With Dharampura HaveliWrite a Review
Visit and experience the sights & sounds of Delhi’s historic parts, including visit to the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Digambar Jain Lal Mandir, Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib, Chandni Chowk market. Follow-up the sightseeing with an authentic Indian meal at a traditional haveli (mansion). Includes private transport in air-conditioned vehicle with a separate guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
Cover the following fascinating places in the historical area of Old Delhi in the four hour tour culminating at the Dharampura Haveli (Indian mansion), where you enjoy a regal feast.
The Red Fort
The majestic residence of the Mughal emperor of India for nearly 200 years, until 1857. Constructed in 1648 by the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, as the palace of his fortified capital Shahjahanabad, the Red Fort is named for its massive ramparts made of red sandstone. The imperial apartments consist of a row of pavilions, connected by a water channel.
Digambar Jain Lal Mandir
Shri Digambar Jain Lal Mandir is the oldest Jain temple in Delhi. It is also known for an avian veterinary hospital. Located just opposite the massive Red Fort, the Digambar Jain Temple was originally built in 1656. Witness the impressive marble idols installed inside the temple.
Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib
This Gurudwara (house of worship) of the Sikhs was established in 1783 to commemorate the martyrdom site the ninth Guru or the Sikhs, Guru Tegh Bahadur.
The foundation of the historic Jama Masjid was laid on a hillock by the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in 1650 AD. The mosque was the result of the efforts of over 6,000 workers over a period of six years. About 25,000 people can pray here at a time.
Chandni Chowk Bazaar & Khari Baoli visit by cycle rickshaw
Originally meaning "moonlit square", Chandni Chowk is one of the oldest & busiest markets in Old Delhi. Built in the 17 century by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, the market was once divided by canals to reflect moonlight, & it remains one of India's largest wholesale markets.
Lunch / Dinner at Haveli Dharampura
The Haveli (old Indian mansion) in particular dates to 1887 AD &is situated in close proximity from the historical Jama Masjid (mosque). The approach towards the building is only a 5 foot narrow alley, giving a feeling of vintage memory lane. The Haveli is adorned with decorative brackets, balconies, jharokas (overhanging balcony windows), multi-foliated arched gateway, carved sandstone facades, & a traditional wooden doorway.
Lunch / Dinner: Enjoy a traditional Indian meal with multiple courses starting with a welcome drink, followed by delectable appetizers, soup, salad, main course atleast three dishes accompanied with Indian breads (roti / tandoori naan / parantha), rice & curd. Follow it up with a dessert & a cup of tea / coffee. Both vegetarian & non-vegetarian options available.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Old Delhi With Dharampura Haveli
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Meals as per option selected (Lunch or Dinner)
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Tour: Old Delhi With Dharampura Haveli
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Red Fort is closed on Mondays. In case the tour is booked for a Monday, the guest will be shown the fort from the outside and given an option for seeing another site in the surrounding area
Due to Friday prayers, Jama Masjid might be unduly crowded / busy on Fridays
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.