OverviewVisit one of the most famous and beautiful opera houses in the world, Opera Garnier (Palais Garnier), and discover the hidden old shopping arcades of Paris on this private tour. Marvel at the marble and gold interior of Opera Garnier, the setting for The Phantom of the Opera, and admire its grand staircase. Then, with the help of your expert guide, finish your tour by discovering the 'passages couverts', hidden, covered shopping arcades built in the 19th century.
This private tour is limited to five people for a more intimate, in-depth experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at your central Paris hotel and begin your journey into 19th-century Parisian life. Your knowledgeable guide will lead you by metro or comfortable minivan to Opera Garnier, a grand old opera house that was the setting for The Phantom of the Opera. Finished in 1875, this 1,979-seat structure is now home to the Paris Opera Ballet.
Delight in the gold, glass and marble interior of this majestic building filled with paintings and sculptures as your guide shares its history. Marvel at the grand staircase and the auditorium's ceiling, which was painted by Marc Chagall in 1964. Being on a private tour makes for a more relaxed, friendly experience, so feel free to ask your guide as many questions as you like.
Next, your guide will lead you to an area near the Louvre to discover the passages couverts, covered shopping arcades tucked behind many of the citys wide boulevards. Some of these architecturally impressive arcades are faded now but others have been restored to their 19th-century glory.
As you wander through these arcades, hear stories of how Parisian life used to be and imagine upper-class women dressed in lavish gowns window shopping in these very same passageways. Have your camera ready to capture photos of the remarkable old boutiques, cafes and art galleries in these arcades, some of which have barely changed through the years.
Your tour culminates near Grands Boulevards. From here, its easy to continue sightseeing in Paris on your own.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Opera Garnier And Passages Couverts
- Entrance fees to Opera Garnier
- Professional guide
- Private one-way transport from your hotel (only if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Opera Garnier And Passages Couverts
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transport to the Opera Garnier (unless option selected)
- Transport back to your hotel
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If you do not select the private transport option, your guide will accompany you by public transport (usually metro) from your hotel to the Opera Garnier
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.