Private Tour: Orchha Day Trip From KhajurahoWrite a Review
OverviewOrchha is a small village set amongst the hills. It is a wonderful valley formed by crystal-clear waters of Betwa River that flows beautifully along its banks. Here, you will see many pristine and charming historical monuments, from which you'll learn the stories and legends of war and peace, of love and hate, and of war and destruction. It is a place famous for Bundela paintings, which are the imprints of Bundela dynasty that once ruled the area. This tour will take you to Jehangir Mahal, Raj Mahal, Rai Parveen Mahal, Chaturbhuj Temple and more.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Buffet lunch included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
Know More about this tourAfter morning pickup from your hotel lobby in Khajuraho, you'll drive a distance of roughly 106 miles (172 km) to Orchha in the comfort of a private vehicle. On arrival in the small village set among the hills, admire a valley formed by the crystal-clear waters of the Betwa River.
First, pay a visit to Jahangir Mahal, a 17th-century monumental palace in commemoration of Emperor Jahangir. Marvel at the stunning beauty characterized by delicate chhatris (elevated pavilions) and intricate trellis work.
Next is Raj Mahal, also crowned by chhatris and decorated inside with exquisite murals. The 17th-century architectural design features various religious elements. Also get a look at the two-story brick palace of Rai Praveen Mahal, built in remembrance of a 16th-century poet and musician. You may become awestruck upon seeing the prismatic light of sun rays slipping through skillfully carved recesses in the main hall and other chambers.
Continue on with your guide to Chaturbhuj Temple. Decorated with various symbols of religious significance, this majestic temple is mounted upon a giant stone platform and reached via steep stairs. Admire the subtle ornamentation of the exterior and step foot inside to see the high, vaulted walls that imbue a sense of sanctity and peace of mind.
If time permits, you may also visit attractions such as: Laxmi Narayan Temple; the shrines of Siddh Baba Ka Sthan; Jugal Kishore; Janaki Mandir; Phool Bagh; Chhatris Cenotaphs; and the Hanuman Mandir at Ochharedwara.
Whenever you become hungry, your guide will accompany you to restaurant for a mouthwatering lunch.
After your tour, you will be dropped off at your hotel in Khajuraho or the Jhansi Railway Station by your chauffeur (assistance boarding the train is available).
Inclusions for Private Tour: Orchha Day Trip From Khajuraho
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Driver/Local guide
- Private transport by air-conditioned car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Khajuraho
Exclusions for Private Tour: Orchha Day Trip From Khajuraho
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Group discount is available
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.