Private Tour: Overnight Pondicherry Tour From Chennai
OverviewVisit the former French protectorate of Pondicherry on a two-day trip from Chennai in an air-conditioned vehicle; stop to visit the magnificent temples in Mahabalipuram. Pondicherry has a quaint French influence which can be seen in its architecture, culture and lifestyle. Also visit Auroville, something of an avant-garde community,
- Multi-Day Trip
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Chennai – Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry
You will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai at 8:00AM and driven to Pondicherry. On the way to Pondicherry you will visit Mahabalipuram (approx. 2 hours). In Mahabalipuram visit the Cave Temples. The temples are locally known as Rathas and were constructed by chiseling out the exterior face of a boulder. In addition, the 7th century Shore Temples are also located in Mahabalipuram along the shores of the Bay of Bengal. Upon arriving in Pondicherry you will check in to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Pondicherry – Chennai [B]
After breakfast at the hotel your day of sightseeing in Pondicherry will begin. Visit Aurobindo Ashram, that was established in 1926 by Shree Aurobindo and 'The Mother'. Together they explored the possibilities of yoga and meditation as a path to salvation. At the ashram, residents continue to practice their teachings.
Along with the ‘kepis’ capped cops and its streets called ‘rue’, it is the churches that help the town retain its European charm. Visit the 300 year old church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, The church to Our Lady of Angels and the magnificent grand gothic Sacred Heart Church. You will also visit the Pondicherry Museum that has an eclectic collection of art, Pallava sculptures and more. Last visit is to Auroville - something of an avant-garde community 10 km from Pondicherry. See the exterior of the unique golf-ball shaped temple called the Matri Mandir, that is thronged by yoga practitioners.
After your day of sightseeing is complete, you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.
Two hotel grades are available to choose at the time of booking
- 3-Star: Annamalai International or Shenbaga Hotel & Convention Center
- 4-Star: Le Duplex, The Promenade or Le Pondy
Inclusions for Private Tour: Overnight Pondicherry Tour From Chennai
- Overnight accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Chennai city
- Entrance fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Carbon offset certificate
Exclusions for Private Tour: Overnight Pondicherry Tour From Chennai
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Group discount is available for group size of 2+ and 4+
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Bazaar Trail Walking Tour in George Town
- Private Transfer: Chennai Hotels to Chennai International Airport (MAA)
- Peacock Trail Walking Tour in Mylapore
- Private Day Tour of Mahabalipuram from Chennai
- Private Arrival Transfer: Chennai International Airport to Hotel
- Private Cultural Tour: Day Trip to Mahabalipuram and Dakshinachitra from Chennai