Private Tour: Patan Modhera Day Trip From Ahmedabad
OverviewEnjoy a private guided day tour and visit many famous locations such as the Patan Rani Ki Vav, Patola Weaving Centre, Modhera SunTemple. Make the best of your stay while in Agmedabad alongside a knowledgeable local guide and a small group of like minded enthusiasts.
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Comprehensive tour of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at hotel lobby in Ahmedabad at 09.00 am and leave to Patan. Patan is an ancient fortified town which was founded in 745 AD by Vanraj Chavda, the most prominent king of the Chavda Kingdom. He named the city Anhilpur Patan or "Anhilwad Patan" after his close friend and Prime Minister Anhil shepherd. Historian Tertius Chandler estimates that Anhilwara was the tenth-largest city in the world in the year 1000 with a population of approximately 100,000. You will visit Rani ki vav, a stepwell in Patan that is an excellent example of subterranean architecture Sahastralinga Talav. The architecture of this tank integrated the great sense of water management and sanctity of water in the Hindu religion. The Khan Sarovar is located just outside the South Gate.
Make a stop for lunch where you will get to choose the cuisine and restaurant your are interested at your own expense. After lunch continue on to visit Modhera. There you will see The Sun Temple, a temple dedicated to the Hindu Sun-God, Surya. It is situated on the bank of the river Pushpavati, 25 km from Mehsana and 102 km from Ahmedabad. You will see the main hall and shrine all reached through a complex, pillared pavilion with beautiful columns and magnificent carvings decorating it's hall. At the end of your journey at 4:30pm, sit back and relax on the drive back to your centrally located hotel in Ahmedabad.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Patan Modhera Day Trip From Ahmedabad
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within Ahmedabad City limits
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees to all attractions
- All necessary transportation to/from site attractions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Private Tour: Patan Modhera Day Trip From Ahmedabad
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: pickup reconfirmation is required upon booking, please refer to voucher for further details
This tour operates with a maximum of 8 people
No strict dress code is enforced at tour sites. However, please be advised to dress accordingly for places of worship; spaghetti straps and short shorts are not recommended.
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes and sunglasses/sunscreen with hats or scarf for ladies are highly recommended.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.