Private Tour: Penang Hill And Kek Lok Si Temple
OverviewVisit Kek Lok Si Temple, Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas, and ride the funicular railway up Penang Hill (Bukit Bendera) on this private half-day tour. Suspended above a hillside is one of Southeast Asia's largest and most beautiful Buddhist temples, featuring a seven-tiered pagoda and a bronze statue of Guanyin. From atop Penang Hill youll enjoy sweeping views of Georgetown all the way to the mainland of Malaysia. Round-trip hotel transport by private vehicle is included.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour friendly private guide will pick you up at your Penang hotel and take you by private vehicle to Kek Lok Si Temple. Known as the Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas, it is considered one of the biggest and most stunning Buddhist temples in Southeast Asia. Perched on a hillside, this unique seven-tiered pagoda showcases a blend of Chinese, Thai and Burmese architecture and craftsmanship.
Walk up the steps to the temple and explore the vast complex with your guide. Two not-to-be-missed attractions are the 99-foot (30-meter) tall bronze statue of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy, and the sacred Pond of Longevity, which is home to hundreds of tortoises set free by devotees. Listen as your guide explains how tortoises are believed to be a symbol of longevity, strength and endurance in the Chinese culture.
After touring Kek Lok Si Temple, drive to Georgetown Station andhop aboard thePenang HillFunicular Railway for a spectacular ride to the summit, located 2,625 feet (800 meters) above sea level. Along the way, keep an eye out for the varied flora and perhaps catch a glimpse of the elusive fauna. When you reach the top, escape the lowland heat and humidity, enjoying fresh air and magnificent panoramic views of Georgetown from Malaysia's oldest hill station.
Your private tour ends with return transport to your Penang hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Penang Hill And Kek Lok Si Temple
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Penang Hill And Kek Lok Si Temple
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
Please be ready to go at least 15 minutes prior to departure time
Please advise that to avoid delays and the heavy traffic on weekends and public holidays, it is preferred to book this tour on weekdays
IIn the event Penang Hill Funicular Train is not operating, Penang Hill visit will be replaced with visit to Penang Botanical Garden
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.