Private Tour: Petra And Wadi Rum Day Tour From AmmanWrite a Review
OverviewPrivate Petra and Wadi Rum tour to discover both Petra and Wadi Rum from Amman in one day. In 12 hours, you will drive through the desert High way, Sharah mountains, walk through the Siq (narrow gorge) to the hidden city, to see the treasury, theater, Royal tombs and Roman street. After lunch you drive to Wadi Rum, which was made famous after Lawrence of Arabia.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMeet your driver at 6:30am at your Amman hotel, hop inside your private, climate-controlled vehicle, and travel south along Jordan’s desert highway to Petra.
After roughly three hours, arrive and meet up with a private local guide for your 2-hour walking tour of the 2,000-year-old rock city. Carved into the Shara Mountains by the ancient Nabataean peoples, this incredible place stood at the junction of important trading routes.
Follow your guide through the Siq entrance gorge, and hear tales of the Nabataeans and their building skills. Then, marvel at the Treasury (Al Khazneh), revealed in all its glory after a sudden bend in the Siq. Admire the ornate façade and hear how the Treasury (Al Khazneh) featured in the 1989 movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Continue through the canyon to see more of Petra’s treasures, including the Street of Facades, Roman theater, early necropolis, and Royal Tombs. Take photos, and hear how the monuments were carved and about Petra’s wider history from your guide.
Afterward, refuel with a buffet lunch at a Petra restaurant, and then reconvene with your driver for your approximately 1.5-hour drive to Wadi Rum.
This desert wilderness of mountains, valleys, and cliffs is known for its ever-changing pink-and-red colors, Bedouin settlements, and connections with T.E. Lawrence, a World War I British military officer who fought alongside the Bedouins, and became known as ‘Lawrence of Arabia.’
On arrival, join a local Bedouin driver-guide for a 2-hour tour by 4x4. Venture into the valley, and see many of the beauty spots hidden in the canyons. Admire the rolling dunes and view landmarks like the Lawrence’s Spring rock pool and Khazali Canyon, a narrow gorge inscribed with age-old rock etchings.
Finally, return to Amman, where your tour ends with an early evening hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Petra And Wadi Rum Day Tour From Amman
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transport
- Admission fees
- 2-hour tour of Petra with local guide
- Buffet lunch
- Soft drinks and water
- 2-hour 4x4 tour with Bedouin driver-guide at Wadi Rum
Exclusions for Private Tour: Petra And Wadi Rum Day Tour From Amman
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers is approximate: the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.