OverviewDiscover the rich history and dreamy coastal scenery that typifies southern Italy on this private day trip to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast from Rome. Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii either independently or with an expert guide, and get a glimpse of what daily life was like before the tragic eruption of Mt Vesuvius some 2,000 years ago. Then, make for the breathtaking Amalfi Coast. Drink in sweeping vistas of the Mediterranean Sea and enjoy ample free time to explore the postcard-perfect town of Positano. Private transport included.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourMeet your professional driver at your centrally located Rome hotel, then hop inside your private, air-conditioned minivan and journey south to Italy’s Campania region. As you travel, take in the pretty scenery, and catch sight of the magnificent hilltop monastery, the Abbey of Montecassino.
After roughly three hours, pull up by the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pompeii. An ancient Roman city nestled at the foot of Mt Vesuvius, Pompeii was submerged under layers of volcanic ash and molten pumice in 79 AD when the volcano erupted. Pay your entrance fee and then head inside to explore independently. Or, if you’ve upgraded, join up with an expert guide to begin your tour.
Gain a fascinating insight into the everyday life of the Imperial era as you stroll through the well-preserved streets, passing sites such as the Forum, the thermal baths and Teatro Grande, an impressive theater that once sat some 5,000 people.
After around two hours, return to your minivan and continue along the famous Amalfi Coast Road to Positano. Gaze in wonder at the white- and pastel-colored houses that slip down the mountainside. Then perhaps browse the designer boutiques, take a walk along the beach, or savor some delicious Italian cuisine at a seaside restaurant (own expense).
When the time comes, join back up with your driver and relax on the return journey to Rome, where your day trip concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: The visit to Positano can be replaced with a visit to Sorrento, if you wish. Speak to the local supplier before you travel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Pompeii And Positano Day Trip From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver
- Transport by private, air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Pompeii And Positano Day Trip From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Pompeii (13 euros approx.)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable shoes are recommended
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.