Private Tour: Pompeii Day Trip From Rome
OverviewDiscover the ancient Roman city of Pompeii on this private day trip from Rome. Choose to visit the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii either independently or with an expert guide, and discover the history behind this once thriving port city that was submerged under layers of molten ash and pumice some 2,000 years ago. From the Teatro Grande to the well-preserved frescos that decorate the ancient houses, see the areas most impressive sites and gain fascinating insight into daily life during the Imperial age. Private, round-trip transport included.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourStart your day with a pickup from your centrally located Rome hotel, then settle into your comfortable seat aboard a private, air-conditioned minivan and head south to Italys Campania region. As you travel, take in the pretty landscape of Castelli Romani and Lazio, and look out for the Abbey of Montecassino, a magnificent Benedictine monastery.
After around three hours, arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pompeii. An ancient Roman city set in the shadow of Mt Vesuvius, Pompeii was buried under a torrent of ash and burning pumice in 79 AD when the volcano violently erupted.
Pay your entrance fee and then head inside to explore independently. Or, if youve upgraded, join up with an expert guide to begin your tour.
Gain fascinating insight into the everyday life of the Imperial era as you stroll through the well-preserved streets, passing houses and public buildings that have been locked in time by the volcanic ash.
See the ancient piazza and the impressive limestone columns of the Forum, where elections and other political and business events would have taken place during Roman times. Then, perhaps head to the thermal baths, where many of Pompeiis inhabitants would have bathed and socialized.
Marvel at the remains of the Teatro Grande, an impressive theater that once sat some 5,000 people, and stop by the Lupanar, a brothel decorated with eye-popping frescoes.
After exploring the site, hop back inside your private minivan for your return journey to Rome. Along the way, stop for lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Your tour then ends with a drop-off back at your Rome hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Pompeii Day Trip From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional informative English-speaking driver
- Live commentary on board
- Private vehicle for the day
- Flexible itinerary
- Transport by air-conditioned sedan/minivan
- Professional guide (if option selected)
- Courtesy and service
Exclusions for Private Tour: Pompeii Day Trip From Rome
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to Pompeii (13 euros approx.)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour