Discover the former royal residence of Potsdam on this comprehensive private tour from Berlin. As you explore this city that has UNESCO World Heritage status, learn about its colorful history from your knowledgeable guide. Capture photos of the lovely castle of Babelsberg, the lakeside Marble Palace and the breathtaking Sanssouci Palace. You'll also see the Cecilienhof Palace -- site of the Potsdam Conference where the stage was set for the Cold War. Since this is a private tour, you can tailor the itinerary to suit your particular interests.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at your central Berlin hotel and travel in a Mercedes Vito taxi to Schloss Charlottenburg. During the 45-minute trip to Potsdam, drive through Wannsee on your way to Schloss Glienicke and the Glienicke Bridge, where spy swaps took place during the Cold War.
Continue on to Potsdam where your guide will explain how this scenic town served as the residence of Prussian kings and German emperors of the House of Hohenzollern for three centuries. Marvel at the majestic castle of Babelsberg. Visit the New Garden, a large park where the Marble Palace and Schloss Cecilienhof are located. Admire the lakeside Marble Palace and learn how Schloss Cecilienhof was the site of the Potsdam Conference where the leaders of America, Britain and the Soviet Union decided the future of Germany after WWII.
Afterward, head to the Russian colony of Alexandrowka and see 13 wooden houses built in the 1800s for the Russian singers of the First Prussian Regiment of the Guards. Then it's off to downtown Potsdam for a lunch break at a local restaurant (own expense). While downtown, see St Nicholas Church and the town hall, as well as the city palace that's home to the Brandenburg Parliament.
Finally, head to the Sanssouci Palace and marvel at its stunning Rococo architecture. Palaces are open on varying days of the week so your choice of palace will depend on which day you take your tour. You may, for instance, visit Neue Kammern or Neues Palais at Sanssouci Park instead of Sanssouci Palace (own expense). Being on a private tour means you can work with your guide to choose the attractions that most interest you and ask as many questions as you like about the sights you see. Keep in mind that since so much of this tour takes place in castles and parks, there's a fair amount of walking involved.
At the conclusion of your 7-hour scenic and educational tour of Potsdam, you'll be driven back in your taxi to your Berlin hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Potsdam Day Trip From Berlin
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by taxi
Exclusions for Private Tour: Potsdam Day Trip From Berlin
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please be aware that your guide cannot guide within the palaces
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.