Private Tour: Pushkin Day Trip From St Petersburg Including Catherine Palace - Saint Petersburg
OverviewDiscover Russias Imperial extravagance on a day trip to the town of Pushkin, led by a private guide! After leaving St Petersburg, explore Pushkin on foot and admire the parks and palaces for which the town is famous. Stroll around Tsarkoye Selo Parks and head inside Catherine Palace to swoon at its lavish Rococo interiors like the replica of the incredible Amber Room a room that was looted by the Nazis at the end of the Second World War. The tour operates with a flexible itinerary; if there's something you want to seem more of, simply let the guide know!
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourArrange your Pushkin day trip to start at a time that suits your schedule, and then relax with a hotel pickup by luxury minivan. As you travel south, chat with your guide about the small yet impressive town, and the things that you want to see there. Your itinerary is tailored to your preferences, so if theres something you are really interested in, just let your guide know.
After a journey of roughly 45 minutes, arrive in Pushkin and set out by foot to explore Tsarkoye Selo Parks the stunning gardens that surround the towns Rococo centerpiece: Catherine Palace. Take a stroll around the Great Pond while hearing tales of Pushkins history, learning how the towns name was changed from Tsarkoye Selo on the centenary of the death of Alexander Pushkin, the celebrated Russian poet.
Enjoy a break for lunch in a nearby cafe (own expense), and then head inside Catherine Palace for a look around. The buildings sumptuous design was the brainchild of Francesco Rastrelli, a French-born artist whose work centered around Imperial Russian architecture. Touches of his genius are flaunted inside the palace, and your guide will show off his finest creations as you walk around. Admire the Great Hall with its frescoes and floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and then marvel at the jaw-dropping opulence of the replica Amber Room. Covered with mirrors, gold and mosaics, the original room was plundered by the Nazis, and later destroyed in a fire.
Catherine Palace was the summer home of Catherine I, and it was from here where she ruled after her husband Tsar Peter the Great passed away. Hear about her life in the palace as you explore the different rooms, and then browse exhibits about the buildings history in the Zubov Wing.
At the end of your tour of Catherine Palace, return to your minivan for the journey back to St Petersburg. Your day finishes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Pushkin Day Trip From St Petersburg Including Catherine Palace
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Pushkin Day Trip From St Petersburg Including Catherine Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please note that every last Monday of a month the Catherine Palace is closed
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- St Petersburg Shore Excursion: 2-Day City Highlights and Pushkin Private Tour
- Private Day Trip to Veliky Novgorod from Saint Petersburg Including Round-Trip Transportation
- St Petersburg DepartureTransfer
- St. Petersburg Hermitage State Museum: Museum Admission and Small-Group Faberge Halls Tour
- St.Petersburg: Meal with a Russian Family
- Private Day Trip: Peterhof with Russian Lunch & Russian Vodka and Exclusive Visit to Special Storeroom and Emperor's Bath House