Private Tour: Rumeli Fortress And Anadolu Fortress From Istanbul
OverviewDaily tours in Istanbul with private tour guide to Rumeli Fortress & Anadolu Fortress & Poyrazkoy Village.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will be met by our professional licensed tour guide at your hotel or Istanbul port with your name sign and start for Istanbul trip. Istanbul, one of the greatest cities in the world we will start our tour by visiting the Rumeli Fortress, here at the narrowest part of the Bosphorus.
Mehmet the Conqueror had this fortress built in a mere four months during 1452, in preparation for his planned siege of Byzantine Constantinople, Mehmet the Conqueror ordered each of his three viziers to take responsibility for one of the three main towers. Once completed, Rumeli Hisar, in concert with Anadolu Hisar on the Asian shore just opposite, controlled all traffic on the Bosphorus, and cut the city off from resupply by sea from the north.
The tour will continue to the Anadolu fortress Perched above the village are the ruins of Anadolu Kavag a medieval castle with seven massive towers in its walls. First built by the Byzantines, it was restored and reinforced by the Genoese in 1350, and later by the Ottomans. As the straits are narrow here, it was a good choice for a defensive site to control traffic. Two more fortresses, put up by Sultan Murat IV, are north of here. Exposing a panoramic view of Istanbul, Bosphorus and Black sea from the best point of view. the tour continue to the Poyrazkoy, one of the villages nearest to the Black Sea and is located on the Anatolian side of the Istanbul. From the minaret a bridge leads out to the gun emplacements and ammunition stores and a great view. Although the village is located on top of a hill, there is a road leading to the beach just before the village. Poyrazkoy is an excellent place for a break or for shelter while sailing from Istanbul to the Black Sea.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Rumeli Fortress And Anadolu Fortress From Istanbul
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Rumeli Fortress And Anadolu Fortress From Istanbul
- Drinks in restaurants
- Extra entry fees and optional tours
- Any item not mentioned
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best of Turkey in 15 Day From Istanbul
- Istanbul Small-Group Jewish Quarter Walking Tour Including Bosphorus Cruise and Lunch
- 5 Days ANZAC Day 2016 The Digger Tour visiting Istanbul and Gallipoli
- Evening Local Food and Wine Tour In Istanbul
- Golden Horn of Istanbul Tour
- 7-Day Turkey Explorer Tour from Istanbul