Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants, Courtesans And Painters - Venice
OverviewThis enthralling private walking tour starts at Venice's commercial quarters near the Rialto Bridge and concentrates on the ancient area of San Polo. Here the bankers, brokers and merchants conducted their affairs by day, and the renowned courtesans by night! You'll also explore San Polo's number one highlight, the Frari Church, enjoying personalized attention on your private walking tour of Venice.
Know More about this tourIn a city where west met the east, exotic items like silk and oriental spices were traded along with copper and wood. Many of the courtesans lived in sumptuous apartments, and were accomplished musicians and brilliant conversationalists. They were even secretly used as spies for the state.
The second part of this tour allows you to admire the Gothic Frari church, which dwarfs the eastern section of San Polo. Built by Franciscans in around 1250, it is one of the city's largest places of worship. You will admire its striking interior, both for its sheer size and for the quality of its masterpieces ' the most famous being Titian's 'Assumption'.
Inclusions for Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants, Courtesans And Painters
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: San Polo Walking Tour - Merchants, Courtesans And Painters
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fee to the Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari church (3.50 euro)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Rucksacks and large bags are not allowed in some churches.
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Venice Grand Canal Evening Boat Tour
- Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Guided Tour in Venice
- Venice for Kids: Family-Friendly Small-Group Walking Tour
- Murano Glass Experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
- Secret Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
- Morning Venice Walking Tour plus St Mark's Basilica Guided Visit