From USD 27.99
OverviewNot many people get the chance to stand on the edge of a volcano. But you can with this 4-hour private evening tour of El Boquern, San Salvadors iconic volcano and symbol of the city. Drive through this intriguing capital city on the way to the volcano, just 15 miles (25 km) from the city. Walk the trails at the top of the volcano and take in the fresh pine-scented air, and then visit Santa Tecla, an attractive town at the base of the volcano. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
After hotel pickup in San Salvador in the afternoon, set off with your private guide on a 4-hour tour, starting with the majestic El Boquerón, the imposing volcano that looks over this Central American metropolis. El Boquerón — ‘Big Mouth’ — is a symbol of the city. After driving into the national park that covers the top of the volcano, explore the area on foot with your guide. Walking up to the crater is a relatively easy stroll. Take about an hour to view the massive crater— it’s 3.1 miles (5 km) in diameter and 1,831 feet (558 m) deep. If you like, have dinner here (own expense), enjoying the views of San Salvador with traditional food like parrillada, or barbecue. Otherwise you can opt to get dinner in Santa Tecla.
On the way to Santa Tecla, briefly explore San Salvador. Travel through the streets of the historic downtown, passing El Rosario Church, the massive Metropolitan Cathedral, and the neoclassical National Theater, as well as Salvador del Mundo (‘Savior of the World’) Square. Discuss with your guide which spots you’d like to stop at to explore on foot and which you are content to drive by.
Afterward, take some time to explore the town of Santa Tecla, located at the base of the volcano. It was built in the 19th century to be the nation’s capital after San Salvador was badly damaged by an earthquake. San Salvador remained the capital, but Santa Tecla has impressive architecture in the city center. If you didn’t eat at the volcano, stroll the famous Paseo del Carmen and sit down for a traditional Salvadoran dinner, perhaps tapas, hearty empanadas or parrillada. Take in the beautiful El Carmen Church or the neoclassical municipal palace. At the end of the tour, enjoy the drive back to San Salvador, with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: San Salvador Sightseeing Including El Boquerón And Santa Tecla
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: San Salvador Sightseeing Including El Boquerón And Santa Tecla
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and bring a light jacket
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.