Private Tour - Santa Croce Church And The Artists Quarter - Florence
OverviewDuring this private tour you will discover the beauty of Santa Croce Basilica, the principal Franciscan church in Florence. It is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, the poet Foscolo and the composer Rossini, thus it is known also as the Temple of the Italian Glories (Tempio delle Itale Glorie).
Know More about this tour
You will meet your professional guide in Santa Croce Square in front of the big Church. It is impossible do not recognize it due to its beautiful white and green marble façade. The Basilica is the largest Franciscan church in the world. Its most notable features are its sixteen chapels, many of them decorated with frescoes by Giotto and his pupils, and its tombs and cenotaphs. Legend says that St Francis himself founded Santa Croce. The construction of the current church was begun by Arnolfo di Cambio in May 1294 and paid for by some of the city's wealthiest families. Inside you will learn more about Michelangelo, Galileo Galilei, Dante Alighieri, Vittorio Alfieri, Machiavelli, Leonardo Bruni, Ugo Foscolo, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Giotto and his frescoes, Donatello and his crucifix.
Inclusions for Private Tour - Santa Croce Church And The Artists Quarter
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Tour - Santa Croce Church And The Artists Quarter
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour