Private Tour: Scholar-Led Naples History Walk
OverviewDelve into the history of Naples on a fascinating, private 4-hour walking tour. Accompanied by a private guide who specializes in art or social history, explore the citys cultural, historical and artistic highlights, such as Castel Nuovo, the Royal Palace of Naples (Palazzo Reale) and Castel dellOvo. Enjoy personalized attention from the private guide and come away with a deeper understanding of the history of Naples, from its ancient Greek origins through to modern times. Entrance fees not included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourBegin your in-depth tour in central Naples, near the vibrant hub of Piazza Trieste e Trento. From here, set off on foot with your private historian guide to explore the picturesque waterfront area. Listen as your guide recounts the history of the city and region, explaining how this city has changed throughout the ages. Feel free to engage with your guide and ask questions; as this is a private tour, you will enjoy their undivided attention, as well as a flexible itinerary.
Start at Castel Nuovo, a dramatic 13th-century seaside fortress that is now home to a civic museum. Head inside with your guide to see its impressive collection of frescoes and sculptures. Then, explore the surrounding area, which was once home to an important commercial port.
Moving along the scenic coast, marvel at the imposing Castel dellOvo, Naples oldest castle, a unique building that has served many functions, including that of a prison under Norman rule. As you stroll along the waterfront, pause to admire the pleasant scenery. This area offers panoramic views across the Bay of Naples.
Next, pay a visit to the majestic Royal Palace of Naples, home to lavish royal apartments and the national library.
Depending on your personal preferences, you may then choose to follow your guide inland to the narrow alleys of the Spanish Quarter (Quartieri Spagnoli) to visit the charming Baroque church of Santa Maria degli Angeli and the 18th-century Palazzo Serra di Cassano.
After around four hours of sightseeing, exploring and learning, wrap up the tour back at Piazza Trieste e Trento.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Scholar-Led Naples History Walk
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Scholar-Led Naples History Walk
- Entrance fees (approx. 9 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.