Private Tour: Secret Siena Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover the older parts of Sienas medieval centre and see hidden corners away from the crowded tourist areas, an exceptional itinerary to discover the quieter side of Siena.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThis tour is suited for those who wish to have a more in-depth knowledge of this town, to get in touch with the history of Sienas golden gothic age and to learn about the legends and the less known tales that have formed the local community. The tour is ideal tour for second time comers to Siena and travelers who have already a general idea of the town and wish to tour the treasures that would not be visited on a classic tour of town.
Let us guide you off the beaten path, to explore the streets where the locals go about their daily chores, to admire beautiful churches that treasure artistic masterpieces and to discover the medieval alleys where you can feel as though you are immersed in a medieval past.
As you tour the town, your guide will illustrate interesting anecdotes and stories of Siena, and provide information on its people and artists. You will learn of the 17 Contrade neighborhoods that run the Palio Tournament and how they are organized. You will begin to understand the fervent Contrada pride, which is evident all year round and erupts during the world famous horse race, the Palio di Siena, held in the towns main square twice a year.
The main monuments you will visit on tour are the church of the Madonna di Provenzano, to which the Palio of the second of July is dedicated, the Basilica di San Clemente in Santa Maria dei Servi, a beautiful church that holds some of the most wonderful paintings visible in Siena, come across some amazing views and panoramas of the town and have the opportunity of taking some unusual pictures. Continue to the medieval fountains of Fonte Branda, the talking fountain one of the main water sources for the town, here your guide will illustrate the peculiar geology of the area and how water has shaped these hills and its civilization.
This tour has been devised as a walk through the town to see mainly exteriors and monuments that do not require an entrance fee. However, being a private tour the itinerary can be customized to best meet your interests and desires. If you decide to enter in any paid museums with your guide on the day, tickets will be at your own expense.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Secret Siena Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Secret Siena Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.